Oh how I wish.....

• 40 Replies

splash101

Re: Oh how I wish.....
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 13:17 »
Before we had chickens,  i had spent months thinking about whether to get them and did lots of research. This was before i had even mentioned it to my other half as i pretty much knew he wouldnt be too over enthusiastic.

When i eventually brought it up, every question he asked, and every "what if",  i had got a sensible answer for. He knew i had thought about it a lot and got as much info as i possibly could so he was fine about it.

The only time he isnt fine about it is when he goes down the garden and has only slipped a pair of crocs on, which is asking for trouble really.

Luckily, all of the chickens we have had have all been really quiet ones (except the RIR's) Even our neighbours keep asking if we still have them as they never hear them.

pepsi100

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 13:22 »
I go out in my crocs, easy to wash off,

I enjoy the sounds of contented chooks, and even more so when I have anything to give em, a few scraps, a couple of slices of stale bread,

I really have never had a problem with my neighbours, I think they had them back in their home country, just mine are penned up and their ran the streets
It's all about the journey, not the destination

wildwitchy

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 16:17 »
mmmm, I have seen a few problems when the partner is in the police force, they are so used to giving out orders, telling anyone what to do and expecting it to be done, if it doesnt arrest follows, this dont happen in a partnership or marriage, but they expect their word to be law

Its a domination thing for anyone in the police, that is why they like and do the job

I better not say any more

I hope you do get a few chooks though :)

I'd be out the door quicker than you could say polis. Complete with chickens. I like your style pepsi! :lol:

pepsi100

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 16:37 »
mmmm, I have seen a few problems when the partner is in the police force, they are so used to giving out orders, telling anyone what to do and expecting it to be done, if it doesnt arrest follows, this dont happen in a partnership or marriage, but they expect their word to be law

Its a domination thing for anyone in the police, that is why they like and do the job

I better not say any more

I hope you do get a few chooks though :)

I'd be out the door quicker than you could say polis. Complete with chickens. I like your style pepsi! :lol:

I have always found that people who have a problem with ANY animals have a problem with people

My kids grew up with all the usual animals, gerbils, hamsters, rabbits, chickens, a snake, lizards, guniea pigs, a goose, various dogs, birds (canaries, cockies), a couple of parrots, (hand reared)

Some werent really much company or very good at conversations, but they were always the kids animals, they looked after them, so they knew their responsibilities to them,they saw them being born, hatched,  they saw young being born, they saw them die

They have grown up and are doing the same thing with their kids ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I just have the chooks left, but I think everyone should have a pet of some kind, and if you like chooks, why not ? (with them you always get a listener, a one sided conversation,  a few eggs and sometimes a bit of company)

I wouldnt swap them, but I wouldnt tell my wife though

(I did read about a girl who gave her boyfriend an ultimatum, he either accepted her cockerel or he walked, she still has the cockerel)

wildwitchy

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 17:14 »
Thats all very true pepsi. Animals are very special & I think people that can't get on with them in the house or like them shouldnt be trusted. My dog, bless her, if she saw someone, I only had to look at her expression & I knew to be wary of a person. She was a great judge of character. We had her off the polis but she didn't care for some of them much!  :dry: Yet as big as she were, she was a wonderful mother to baby ducks,geese,chicks.

My OH says, I don't know why you ask about having other chickens,ducks,geese, (fill in the blank----------) because you always end up getting them anyway. And I say, Well, I just like to be polite.  ;) He is very tolerant & loves all animals.

pepsi100

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 17:31 »
AND I think I said too much in my last posting  ;)

wildwitchy

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 17:39 »
I'm pretty sure if u had, you had been in my favorite place here, the nawty step. I've worn it out.  :lol:

pepsi100

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 17:47 »
I'm pretty sure if u had, you had been in my favorite place here, the nawty step. I've worn it out.  :lol:

Shove over a bit then  :) :) :)

I should have been giving suggestions on how to have hens, not saying what I have had, (but I have never had any problems getting anything that is alive and kicking, if it swims, crawls of flies, walks, I have had it or wanted it)

wildwitchy

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 18:48 »
Shove over a bit then  :) :) :)
  :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Bussinspain" - Could you perhaps get some chicks that you know are girls, just get them. Perhaps having them when he comes in & seeing them all cute & fluffy might soften him up a bit. A bit? :blink: Then be prepared to ride the storm out/buy some earplugs, so you can have your chucks. x

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 05:50 »
Never had a husband. You girls could teach me a thing or two when it comes to handling the mere male homo sapien.  Anther thread perhaps?
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

pepsi100

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 10:34 »
Never had a husband. You girls could teach me a thing or two when it comes to handling the mere male homo sapien.  Anther thread perhaps?

Ah, you dont know what you been missing,  :dry:

No-one to blame when things go wrong, :(

No-where to put cold feet ;)

No-one to bring cups of tea in bed ;)

but there is no one to clean up after, you know where the remote is, you can watch what you want on the TV, no one complaining when you come home late

I think you should ask others their opinions, as well :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 11:45 »
Cold feet - a labrador!

pepsi100

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 13:37 »
Cold feet - a labrador!

mmm, yes, cold feet, labrador, but can it cut the grass  :)

splash101

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 16:27 »
but can it cut the grass?

Grass, who has any grass left when you have chickens around

pepsi100

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 16:33 »
but can it cut the grass?

Grass, who has any grass left when you have chickens around

ME!!!

I havent let em out yet, too young, but when that runs out I can buy some turf  :)

They dont like that astro turf though :) :) :) :) :) :)

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 35 queries.