Was really worried

• 3 Replies

jinty1911

Was really worried
« on: February 16, 2011, 20:10 »
The 3 girls have been moulting for a few weeks now but I was starting to get worried about Grace.  She is by far the smallest and was looking even skinnier.  Today I noticed that she had no feathers left on the back of her neck so brought her in tonight for an inspection,fearing a great infestation of lice or something nasty.  No need to worry. Her lovely feathers are growing back in.  She looked and felt like a porcupine.   :D  :D

NormandyMary

Re: Was really worried
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 21:24 »
The number of times Ive been worried about the same thing. But then you see that "designer stubble" on their bodies and you realise that you've been worrying for nothing.
I was told on this board to feed moulting chooks tinned beef cat food. I do this to give them extra protein in the hope that it accelerates the growth of the feathers. They do look so lovely in their new coats dont they?

trinamc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 09:23 »
I was worried about one of my girls a few weeks ago as she looked very very sorry for herself but her feathers are coming back through and she has started to boss the other's  She loved the cat food  but the cats were not too happy about it. ;)

jinty1911

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 20:41 »
Have tried the cat/dog food, but they wont touch it.  They are all happy and scratching about as normal and dont seem depressed.  Have you ever told chicks to stand on the 1st step in a row before they will get mealworms?  :lol:  :lol: Mine do  :lol: 

xx
How worried should we be about .......

Started by Madclucker on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post April 17, 2011, 08:15
by wolverine
xx
Worried niece and a great big smile :)

Started by Carla on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post March 25, 2011, 07:35
by Junie

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 35 queries.