big hatching day soon

• 8 Replies

redspookycooky

big hatching day soon
« on: February 15, 2011, 14:20 »
Well nearly the big hatching day, started with 6 silver sussex eggs and now down to 2,this is our first attempt and it`s sooo exciting waiting for them to hatch , fingers crossed they both hatch on saturday, will keep you informed :nowink: :D

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
Re: big hatching day soon
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 14:59 »
Nothing quite like it is there  :D :D

Chickway

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 15:37 »
Good Luck.  I just experienced my first hatching last saturday.  I had 5 out of 6 partridge cochin hatch and only saw one hatch properly as two hatched Friday night while we were sleeping and one on saturday needed alot of assistace which was more stressful than amazing (bless him/her)  and then another one hatched saturday night.  One took 24 hours to hatch and one took less than an hour.  Wishing you well.
Chickway.

jinty1911

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 19:17 »

How are your wee chickies getting on, Min?   :D

Chickway

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 19:55 »
They are really cute.  Three of them are doig really well.  One has got a little infection on his leg and not putting his foot down, but is still managing to get around and eat and drink.  The vet gave him an antibiotic injection and going again tomorrow for a second one.
The other one has no visible sign of problems but loses his balance and then falls over and cant get himself back up.  Its upsetting to watch him, bless.  The vet is not sure what is causing it but is happy that he is eating and drinking also.  I thought maybe he had mild splay leg just in one leg and thought I might try splay leg correctors.  Dont want to cause any more damage though, so not sure. :(

Its quite stressful at the momet but also pretty amazing as they are so cute just hope I can pull these two little fellows through.

Chickway.

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 20:01 »

All 16 are doing fine (very smelly as usual! LOL)  The 10 Light Sussex bantams have been seperated form the ^ Seramas now as they were picking on them!! Theres a massive size difference between them now as well!

I have of course ordered a load more eggs that will be in the incy come friday YAY!!!!!

jinty1911

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 19:18 »

All 16 are doing fine (very smelly as usual! LOL)  The 10 Light Sussex bantams have been seperated form the ^ Seramas now as they were picking on them!! Theres a massive size difference between them now as well!

I have of course ordered a load more eggs that will be in the incy come friday YAY!!!!!

What have you got coming on Friday?  Am excited about mine but don't know when they are coming yet.  Have got to wait for the hens to start laying again and breeder wants to test fertility first.  Urrrrggggg  :D  :D

min200

• adayinthelifeofmin
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 20:35 »
I have a mix of Polands, Maran, Hamburg and Pekins!

redspookycooky

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2011, 07:36 »
all excited! notice a litle hole in one of the eggs last night about 9pm, holes a bit bigger this morning but no sign of anything on the other egg yet, fingers crossed all goes well :)

xx
OMG I'm hatching!

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

16 Replies
Last post May 21, 2010, 20:10
by joyfull
xx
They're hatching!!!!!

Started by Kathie on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 16:54
by Kathie
xx
Hatching :)

Started by Thingy on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 19:59
by lisa123
xx
there hatching!!!

Started by massa on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2011, 22:29
by massa

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 35 queries.