New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Is everyone as mad as me?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 18:13 »
Personally no but I bet you're not alone  ;)  :lol:

jinty1911

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 18:53 »
We are, obviously, all mad but has anyone gone to the extreme of building a bench in the hen run like me and sitting there watching them - great stress relief therapy!

Not yet but did sit on back doorstep after work today and watched them scratching around at my feet for 30 mins.  It was funny because I gave them their corn and they ignored it and were saying "come on mum we know youve got mealworms".   :lol:  :lol:

NormandyMary

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 21:19 »
I quite regularly drive a route that I don't really need to take just to have a look at some local hens roaming an orchard. My friends have now learnt never ever to ask how the hens are as I tend to go on just a wee bit and I start to see the glazed look in their eyes. My mother is excellent in indulging her chatty daughter but just occasionally will hold up her hand and say 'Stop, enough'.

OL
I do exactly the same thing! Infact, in their orchard, they have a couple of such pretty hens, Im going to knock and find out what breed they are and where they for them from. Ill keep my camera in the car, and post a couple of piccies next time I pass the field.

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 22:37 »
Our chicken-watching chair is kept outside the run so the girls don't apply their own decoration - but it's light plastic so we can lift it in with one hand while holding cup of tea in the other!!
ManicMum

Bev

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 19:42 »
I take my babys bouncy chair and put it just outside the hen pen. Also made a swing for my 2 year old in the tree but she keeps falling off so need to get a toddler seat or wait a while. That keeps them quiet for a few minutes while I get to enjoy my chickens.

Lara chicken is very good at squeezing through the temporary fence I put up half way down the garden and comes right up to the back door to see us. Unfortunately she can't seem to tell the difference between worms and toddler fingers so I have to go and put her back before toddler will come out into the garden!

Actually Lara has her own garden bench just outside our kitchen window and comes and watches us eating our lunch!

Haven't seen the stray chicken since posting that bit, maybe gone home or met Freddy!

Bev

jinty1911

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 21:36 »
WHAAHAAA Hubby brought his workmate (a great big macho builder) back this afternoon for a coffe and introduced him to the chicks.  Haha, hubby told his pal to hold his hand out to the chicks but didnt give him anything to put in it. Ha Ha Poor boy got the fright of his live. Pecked to pieces  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 37 queries.