Begonia problems

• 2 Replies

Ferreter8

Begonia problems
« on: July 24, 2021, 14:45 »
Hi all I just wanted to ask has anyone got ideas why my begonia bulbs they are starting sprouting new leaves then growing for about 2 inches then dropping off , then starting growing all over again,I’ve never experienced this and I’ve been starting off begonia tubers for years ?.

Goosegirl

Re: Begonia problems
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2021, 14:07 »
I've never grown them from tubers as I buy plug plants; however I am going to see if they have any tubers when I take them up in autumn. That said, although my potted-on plug plants took absolutely ages to get going, they're going great guns now and producing big leaves with massive flowers with no leaf drop. I wonder if the strange weather has anything to do with how the tubers reacted during storage which has affected them.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Ferreter8

Re: Begonia problems
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2021, 19:20 »
I've never grown them from tubers as I buy plug plants; however I am going to see if they have any tubers when I take them up in autumn. That said, although my potted-on plug plants took absolutely ages to get going, they're going great guns now and producing big leaves with massive flowers with no leaf drop. I wonder if the strange weather has anything to do with how the tubers reacted during storage which has affected them.
Thank you hope you have a good growing season and yes weather was awful in April with all the frosts btw I’m not very good at using this site ::)

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 20:12 by mumofstig »

xx
Begonia help.

Started by Nadlen on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post April 22, 2011, 14:54
by Nadlen
xx
Begonia

Started by Nadlen on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post May 14, 2011, 17:29
by Yorkie
xx
begonia

Started by wengren on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post September 01, 2008, 13:08
by Debz
xx
My Begonia

Started by jimroden on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post May 07, 2008, 20:24
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 41 queries.