An embarrassing question

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

An embarrassing question
« on: April 20, 2019, 17:22 »
my new Fish, blood and bone, says to use 2 ounces to a square yard,   but I only want to tickle in a it around my new plants, and then water them.   So how much should I use, like a teaspoon full,   less,  more.  I don't know.  Help please.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

Re: An embarrassing question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 17:46 »
I must admit I never measure mine precisely.  I simply put some onto a trowel and shake it gently around the plant to cover enough that it can be easily seen, but not so much that it forms a thick layer, if that makes sense.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 20:27 »
Thanks jaydig.  That makes perfect sense to me.   I think you should write those instructions on the box as well.   :D   So that is one more of tomorrows jobs sorted.    By the way, I eventually bought the box from Wilko.   £1.50 for 1 and half kilos,  it was £4.99 for 2.5 kgs at the Gc.   I also got 12 x plants label and a pencil included for .50p  and 2 x verigated ivy for a hanging basket for £1.20 each.    I do so love a bargain  :lol:   I would have bought 2 boxes of F.B and B, then I can do all of the garden, but couldn't carry it. Thanks again, Happy Easter.  Mrs Bouquet

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 22:53 »
All done, sprinkled some around the new plants with the trowel and very lightly stirred in and watered - happy plants I hope. Thanks again,  Mrs Bouquet

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 17:01 »
I'm sure your plants will appreciate the f, b & b, Mrs B.   Just watch them grow away, especially now we've had some warmer weather.  As you probably noticed I'm not a very precise gardener, but more one of the "chuck it in and see what happens" type.   Funnily enough, instinct usually seems to win the day, and if I've forgotten to take my glasses to the allotment I can't read the instructions anyway, so I seem to rely on instinct more as the years go by.

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 14:41 »
MB, I have a little tub of BFB and just get a palmful then scatter it around the plant but it depends on how big the plant is. Imagine using a pepper mill and keep turning it until the area around the plant is lightly covered, then use your fingers or a hand fork to scrabble it in.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

xx
question?

Started by coo! on General Gardening

12 Replies
Last post April 11, 2009, 19:11
by mumofstig
xx
to buy or not to buy that is the question ?

Started by rowlandwells on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post March 17, 2019, 13:35
by rowlandwells
xx
Wallflower question

Started by Thrift on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post August 15, 2010, 15:06
by Paul Plots
xx
another sweet pea question

Started by Janeymiddlewife on General Gardening

1 Replies
Last post May 07, 2009, 21:52
by gobs

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 41 queries.