What is WRONG with people?

• 13 Replies

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
What is WRONG with people?
« on: October 06, 2018, 21:43 »
Away on holiday somewhere nice and sunny, only to have several messages from friends that one of our sheds has been broken into at the plots, following jemmying the gate, and the shed ransacked.

WHY do people do such despicable things??????

Supportive friends have fixed the gate, provided a new lock for the shed and have informed the police ("Why haven't the council installed CCTV after all these break-ins on the site?" was their response. Well might they ask) but here we are , hundreds of miles from home , feeling really sad out little world has been desecrated but grateful forthe suport of friends.

{{{deep breath}}}} worse things can happen, but if I caught hold of them I'd give 'em licks fer shore
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Mr Dog

Re: What is WRONG with people?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 22:06 »
Demoralising isn't it? I've only recently started to lock my gate again after having most of my apples taken and reports of someone being seen helping themselves to my raspberries. I stopped locking up after getting fed up of repairing the gate after frequent break-ins where nothing was taken - I leave nothing of value at the plot and they're not interested in spades and forks only machinery. I will stop locking again very soon as we move into the main break-in period of winter. Everyone on site has clubbed together to install some fake CCTV cameras and a wildlife camera. Whether the fake cameras will have any effect remains to be seen and if not maybe the wildlife camera will catch the culprits.
Anyway hope you can put it out of your mind and not let it spoil your holiday!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 22:09 »
Sad isn't it, that some people think they have the right to spoil other peoples lives.
It's always been the same, but it's very annoying  >:(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 23:19 »
I hope it hasn't spoiled your holiday too much - some people are just so horrid, but how did they know you were absent I ask myself.  Thank goodness you have NICE friends and good neighbours who have tried to right some of the wrong.
For many years we have had a family rule, ' none of us speak to any family member who is away on holiday'
whatever the circumstances !!  Even death can be dealt with upon return.
I hope your problems will soon be sorted, regards,  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 09:10 »
Oh Sunny I’m so sorry for you both, what a horrible thing to happen any time but when you’re away you must feel helpless. So pleased your friends have rallied round. Try & put it out of your mind & enjoy the rest of your hols, perhaps sit & plot what you will do to them if you should ever catch them theoretically, big 🤗
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 09:23 »
I hope it hasn't spoiled your holiday too much - some people are just so horrid, but how did they know you were absent I ask myself.  Thank goodness you have NICE friends and good neighbours who have tried to right some of the wrong.
For many years we have had a family rule, ' none of us speak to any family member who is away on holiday'
whatever the circumstances !!  Even death can be dealt with upon return.
I hope your problems will soon be sorted, regards,  Mrs Bouquet
We have the same rule as Mrs Bouquet....I am on holiday and I can’t deal with anything so don’t tell me! Having said that I am sorry about your news. Some folks seem to think the world belongs to them alone and they can do as they please.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 10:56 »
It hasn't spoilt our holiday as we are determined it won't. There were several other shed broken into as well, so I guess it wasn't because anyone knew we were away.

A friend has mended the gate for us  :D

CCTV is definitely a discussion to have on our return!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2018, 14:44 »
Is it just vandalism, or are they actually nicking the things,  If the latter, then I suppose it goes to a car-boot sale in a few weeks time (to earn their Christmas money)!
It is horrible when you have to resort to CCTV - What a load of Bug---s to have on your plot - urgh.  It is awful to feel violated.    If you are back from hols, I hope you had a lovely time.  regards,  Mrs Bouquet

snow white

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 09:21 »
We had that a few months ago.  Horrible.  It wasn't the first time.  Pure vandalism, nothing taken.  The worst thing was the killing of chickens.
Keep calm, soldier on.  Don't let them ruin your enjoyment.  Lay a few bear traps around  OOPs did I say that.  We are going through the same dilemma of how to deter them. 

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 10:49 »
That is a rotten thing to happen Sunny  :(  Thank goodness there were your allotment friends there to step in and help.

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 12:10 »
Sunny, I am so sorry that happened to you. There are some people who think they're being so clever by stealing and /or breaking things and to get away with it too. There's a big slurry pit down our lane and if I ever caught anyone doing that here ………!!!!!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Christine

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 08:30 »
Is it just vandalism, or are they actually nicking the things,  If the latter, then I suppose it goes to a car-boot sale in a few weeks time (to earn their Christmas money)!
Suspect that the car boot sale or whatever for Christmas is the probable answer. Or the oiks have a market for it somewhere.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 09:16 »
Suspect that the car boot sale or whatever for Christmas is the probable answer. Or the oiks have a market for it somewhere.

Stealing for sure. Sad thing is that they seem to have had  a key for the gate, good thing is they had  no key for the top bar (That you have to open to drive high vehicles into the site) so they had to transport all their ill-gotten gains back to the gate to load them in their van. Points to an ex-plot holder tbh

When I get back I shall be taking this up with the allotment officer, as we have had so many issues with people who no longer have plots being able to come and go as they pleas. We have had plot holders lose their plot due to them stealing from others too. All horrible, but no as bad as killing someone's chickens  :( :( :(

Goosegirl

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 11:33 »
Mmmm, the key to the gate is the key to the culprits I'm sure. As for people losing their plots because of theft, surely that's not on either.  >:(

xx
How many people know .....

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 12, 2018, 12:35
by Goosegirl
xx
Seeing people's rooms on TV.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post April 26, 2020, 15:14
by Growster...
xx
Beautiful People

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post December 09, 2023, 13:22
by mrs bouquet
xx
Sad news for Spaniel people

Started by Growing Weather on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 24, 2020, 14:43
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 53 queries.