Raynauds

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Raynauds
« on: October 24, 2018, 18:04 »
A friend of a friend said, that ginger and Flavanoids in Cocoa capsules, are very good for this condition.  Does anybody have any direct knowledge about this ?.  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Lardman

Re: Raynauds
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 18:21 »
A friend of a friend said, that ginger and Flavanoids in Cocoa capsules, are very good for this condition.  Does anybody have any direct knowledge about this ?.  Mrs Bouquet

If you're suffering mrs bouquet you might want to also take a look at snowfire ointment.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 09:10 »

If you're suffering mrs bouquet you might want to also take a look at snowfire ointment.

This is a good emollient for dry skin but I am not too sure it helps with Raynauds. I have secondary raynauds linked to Rheumatoid arthritis, and it is worsened by stress. I try to include cinnamon, ginger, rosemary and liquorice in my diet as they all support the circulation. Hard to say if they help really.  I have also read that gingko has a positive effect but know nothing about cocoa flavonoids I'm afraid
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Christine

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 13:57 »
So far as I know, avoiding wide variations of temperature is one of the most helpful things for this. And it shouldn't cost. Ask me, the gardener. It's not warm out today so I did a short stint at the plot to avoid getting cold.

Nikkithefoot

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 15:42 »
Keeping the extremities warm and at a constant temperature is best for Raynauds. It is a sudden temperature change that will trigger it. Things like wearing gloves to answer the door, put out the rubbish in autumn / winter/ spring will help lessen the effects. In extreme cases Nifedipine can be prescribes by the GP to help dilate blood vessels again will lessen the effect of, but not stop, the abnormal vasoconstriction.
I was put on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things; right now I am so far behind I will never die.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 11:52 »
I suffer with at any time, summer, winter no difference.   I have had that medication, but had to stop as it made my dizziness worse.     
I just wonder if there is a natural product that might help  :D  Mrs Bouquet

Nikkithefoot

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2018, 12:59 »
I suffer with at any time, summer, winter no difference.   I have had that medication, but had to stop as it made my dizziness worse.     
I just wonder if there is a natural product that might help  :D  Mrs Bouquet

That must be awful for you. Nifedipine works by dilating the blood vessels so also will lower blood pressure which is why it made your dizziness worse.

This is a study from 2009, carried out in Korea as they tend to opt for herbal medicine before Western medicine, which seems to suggets that Ginko Biloba extract MAY help in the treatment of Raunauds but is not as effective as Nifedipine.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10067-008-1084-9

However as with any alteration to diet or medication, including herbal substances, you should consult your GP before taking as the herbal supplement may interact in an adverse way with other medication you may be taking.

Keeping the extremities at a constant temperature is still the best advice though.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2018, 12:49 »
That is excellent advice Nikki  :D

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 44 queries.