What to start this time of year!!

• 7 Replies

WeedDetester

« on: March 01, 2007, 20:00 »
Living up in the grim North (Carlisle) I was wondering if there's anything I can start to grow this time of year that won't die with the frost. Any tips would be appreciated!!
Beauty Is In the eye Of The Beer Holder

WG.

Re: What to start this time of year!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 20:10 »
Quote from: "WeedDetester"
Living up in the grim North (Carlisle) I was wondering if there's anything I can start to grow this time of year that won't die with the frost. Any tips would be appreciated!!
So ya think you're in the North do ya!

Not a lot, I'd say but do you have a greenhouse / conservatory / propagator?

ziggywigs

Re: What to start this time of year!!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 20:33 »
Quote from: "whisky_golf"
Quote from: "WeedDetester"
So ya think you're in the North do ya!

Not a lot, I'd say but do you have a greenhouse / conservatory / propagator?

Not a lot at mo.....unless under cover. Hoping to get started this month though!

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 20:35 »
A whiskey, depends on which country your in mate  :lol: , being only 90ish miles further down the road you can get many things going if either put in the greenhouse or under cloches, but to be honest I would be patient and wait for spring, nothing worse than lovingly careing for the crop and have wiped out. I have Little gems on the go almost ready for transplanting under cover along with some beetroot, garlic needs a bit of a cold spell to split so get some of that in.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

ziggywigs

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 20:38 »
We're a good month behind up here..... :(  but once we get going we make up for it!

WG.

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 20:44 »
Quote from: "Aidy"
A whiskey, depends on which country your in mate  :lol: , being only 90ish miles further down the road you can get many things going if either put in the greenhouse or under cloches, but to be honest I would be patient and wait for spring, nothing worse than lovingly careing for the crop and have wiped out. I have Little gems on the go almost ready for transplanting under cover along with some beetroot, garlic needs a bit of a cold spell to split so get some of that in.
Absolutely Aidy, thought I'd see if a greenhouse was available  :shock: .  Glad to hear that your Little Gems are in good shape  :wink:   Reckon you are already too late for garlic to be splitting but single cloves are fine for cooking or re-planting in Sep/Oct.

WeedDetester

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 22:03 »
Thanks for that. I've got a greenhouse but being quite new to it all, wasn't sure what to start off this time of year!!

WeedDetester

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 22:05 »
Ziggy. I seem to remember MANY MANY moons ago going out in a bar/nightclub in Invergordon...got so blootered I ended up walking by the sea wondering if I was looking at oilrigs or was hallucinating!!!

xx
Do I have time to start again from seed?

Started by TheOnlyGothInTheVillage on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post April 23, 2012, 11:11
by PembsPanther
xx
Where and when to start this year...

Started by Tinkerbell264 on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post February 14, 2013, 13:33
by BicesterKev
xx
What's in the ground to start the year with

Started by New shoot on Grow Your Own

13 Replies
Last post January 07, 2018, 11:11
by madcat
xx
This time last year

Started by fatbelly on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 27, 2013, 19:47
by scattygirl

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 39 queries.