Snow Report 2018

• 74 Replies

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
Re: Snow Report 2018
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2018, 22:08 »
Grinling , did they enjoy??

Have had to keep an eye on our hens water, risk of freezing.  Have tried filling 5 litre bucket with hot water and lid and sitting water feeder on top.

South West has been given a Red Warning , stay in doors.   

Mrs Tenhens has just read a report on social media that car insurance companies may decline claims if you have a mishap in a Red Warning area.  Best stay in doors.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

LILLILEAF

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2018, 05:46 »
We have had very little snow over night,but the wind is so strong its dangerous,not sure if i will be able to get to my car,its really nasty,the wind chill is unbearable freeeeezing :(.

Pescador

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2018, 08:17 »
-2C here in East Midlands, and -10 with wind chill. No further snow overnight but the wind has been very noisy and is absolutely cutting. (I had to put the bin out for collection at 6.15, dressed only in my dressing gown, and I can confirm that it is officially "A Tadge Chilly")
Every Pickle Helps!

Paul's Preserves and Pickles.

arh

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2018, 08:26 »
No more snow overnight, wind is still a bit breezy, but has settled down a bit from yesterday, +0c this morning, hopefully that's the worst of it out the way.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2018, 09:22 »
All melted away back to lovely tropical weather here in Blackpool, bit of a nip in the air but hey, the wind is coming from Yorkshire  :lol: :lol:
Back in me shorts sorting the chooks this morning.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2018, 12:05 »
Familiar, albeit not recent dilemma - with some essential supplies running low, I could probably get my car down my road to the main roads but wouldn't be able to get it back to the safety of my drive again. All pavements are bound to be very icy, and the walking route to the nearest supermarket about a mile or so away is also very hilly.  :ohmy:

If I think about it for long enough I won't have time to do anything today - perhaps I should just dust off the breadmaking machine and also hope there's a lost cow wandering about which might just happen to need milking.  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2018, 12:08 »
Oh dear, be careful!
I keep dried milk and coffeemate for emergencies, they're not perfect but better than venturing out in 'orrible weather  ::)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2018, 12:44 »
Thanks Mum! You realise you're not as young as you were when this sort of situation becomes more of a concern than an adventure!  :wacko:

Christine

« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2018, 14:38 »
It will be weeks before we have thawed and dried enough to garden that's for sure. It's deeper than it looks and for the first time this week I've dared to look over the river bridge and contemplate going up hill to see if the plots have left home.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2018, 19:27 »
Glad we have enough supplies not to need to venture out today... frozen road and then a fair few inches of snow suddenly arrived this afternoon on the top of the ice.

A garage full of reserves and stored veg, a healthily stocked freezer and plenty of flour, yeast etc. Oh, plus the liqueurs too. OK for the weekend  :D

PS I didn't appreciate that a guy swept all the snow out of his flatbed truck right next to my car on the road earlier today. Never seen him or his vehicle before, and a large pile of snow right next to my car door was not great even though I wasn't about to go out in my car. Thoughtless oaf, quite frankly
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2018, 19:34 »
Snow had all but thawed by lunchtime, but we had another load of snow this afternoon about an inch, I suppose, just enough to cover everything again  ::)

snowdrops

« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2018, 20:21 »
Our little close had blown clear of snow this morning of what little snow we had had. But this afternoon it started snowing again & we are now well & truly covered. If it carries on at the same rate we will be under rather a lot by tomorrow.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2018, 20:25 »
Familiar, albeit not recent dilemma - with some essential supplies running low, I could probably get my car down my road to the main roads but wouldn't be able to get it back to the safety of my drive again. All pavements are bound to be very icy, and the walking route to the nearest supermarket about a mile or so away is also very hilly.  :ohmy:

If I think about it for long enough I won't have time to do anything today - perhaps I should just dust off the breadmaking machine and also hope there's a lost cow wandering about which might just happen to need milking.  :lol:

Decided that shank's pony was the safest bet, so tottered my way towards the shops and pharmacist. Nice to escape the involuntary confinement, even though I wasn't exactly spoilt for choice when it came to the local mini-Asda. I'm sure boring normality will return soon, as it hopefully will for everyone else.  ;)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2018, 22:01 »
My normality is no-where near as boring as this week has been. It's felt like being in a solitary confinement prison, although obviously a comfortable one  :tongue2:
It's been weird, there are lots of things I could have been getting on with, but I've just been hunkered down with my laptop, a couple of books and a box-set of Outlander ooh! I forgot the never ending tea and coffee, as well  :blush:
If it warms up a bit I might actually feel like moving from the fireside to start redecorating my bedroom :lol:

Pescador

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2018, 06:35 »
We had a bit of a melt yesterday but it's back down to -2C this morning. Forecasting more snow tonight.

xx
snow

Started by rowlandwells on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 27, 2022, 11:43
by rowlandwells
xx
Snow

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post December 31, 2022, 15:32
by jezza
xx
snow

11 Replies
Last post March 10, 2023, 10:08
by Goosegirl
xx
had any snow yet

4 Replies
Last post January 15, 2021, 10:50
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 52 queries.