Harmony restored

• 3 Replies

evie2

Harmony restored
« on: March 29, 2011, 20:53 »
As many of you may know, I'm a Granny and look after wee Evie so her Mum can work but she's not been with me as much for the last few months because baby Josh arrived and Mum's been at home.

As wee Evie's been brought up with the cats, chooks, rabbits and a snake you can imagine my dismay when recently she's been showing signs of fear around them.
She still wanted to see the chooks and collect the eggs but had to be carried all the time, a big change since she would climb into the coops egg hunting before :(

A couple of weeks ago daughter no. 2, who's terrified of all winged things decided to take her out to feed the rabbits. 
Well, the chooks know when the door opens there's the chance of a treat and always a tickle, flew up the garden.
What happened next is anyones guess.  Suffice to say screams from daughter, clucks from chooks and terrified cries from wee Evie who daughter left outside.

Well I thought that was it, no more hand in hand egg collecting for wee Evie and me :( :( :(

Now imagine my reprehension today when she got the egg tub, took my hand and said, 'let's get the eggs Granny'.
'When the chooks come up they won't hurt you, they're just saying hello and if you want you can stand behind me' I said

Up ran the chook rosey and wee Evie went and tickled them ???

Harmony restored :D
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

jinty1911

Re: Harmony restored
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 21:09 »
Good result.  I now have 1/2 dozen eggs err sorry, grandaughters (latest is 2 wks old and don't know were they keep coming from) and the oldest love coming round to see nana's chickens and rabbits (and sadly abuse the poor dog).  We have decided that at easter we are going to tell the girls that the chooks laid them special chocolate eggs.  :lol:  :lol:

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 21:22 »
That seems to be a common trick of sneaky grandmas!  One grandma I know always puts chocolate eggs in the nest boxes at Easter and everyone is very surprised when the grand-kids collect the eggs!

Evie2, I'm so glad wee Evie is back to loving the chickens.  It's sad when adults pass their fears on to children (but often can't be avoided).  I see chickens in little Evie's future - you're setting her up to be another Mad Chicken Lady!  :D

jinty1911

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 21:29 »
That seems to be a common trick of sneaky grandmas!  One grandma I know always puts chocolate eggs in the nest boxes at Easter and everyone is very surprised when the grand-kids collect the eggs!

Evie2, I'm so glad wee Evie is back to loving the chickens.  It's sad when adults pass their fears on to children (but often can't be avoided).  I see chickens in little Evie's future - you're setting her up to be another Mad Chicken Lady!  :D

My youngest daughter is terrified of spiders (picked up from her grandmother on fathers side) and it has been passed on to her oldest daughter (3 yrs old).  I tell them not to be so silly, pick up the big spiders, if I can catch them and feed them to the chickens  :D

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 32 queries.