Rabbit recovery

• 3 Replies

Kajazy

• Experienced Member
Rabbit recovery
« on: June 25, 2013, 15:39 »
Darned rabbits got into the plot - no idea how!

Anyway, they had a very good go at both my beans (runner & French) and my sweetcorn - is it too late to re-sow do you think? I'm in the Midlands

Springlands

Re: Rabbit recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 15:50 »
It is too late for the sweet corn and the runner beans but you should be okay to try the French beans again especially if you can start them indoors. You will need to protect the crops from the rabbits otherwise you will just lose them again. You could also consider growing some quick growing salad crops but those would also need to be protected.

Kajazy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 17:28 »
Thanks Springlands - I might see if I can find some plants in that case. As for protecting them - there's barely a square inch left on my plot that isn't covered in nets, chicken wire etc etc! Blimmin' critters.

Beetroot queen

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 17:37 »
Thanks Springlands - I might see if I can find some plants in that case. As for protecting them - there's barely a square inch left on my plot that isn't covered in nets, chicken wire etc etc! Blimmin' critters.

A few years ago we won best allotment and at the ceremony they said for exquist use of blue netting  ??? We all thought the council had lost it before but it was confirmed on that day.

Plants would be better than missing out all together. My last batch of corn chitted about a month ago.

xx
Rabbit Poo

Started by caliban on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 14:56
by poppies
xx
Rabbit Frustration

Started by NN2Blue on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post July 02, 2011, 17:43
by NN2Blue
xx
Rabbit problem...

Started by Sweetpea C on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post January 27, 2013, 13:20
by Living in Hope
xx
Rabbit manure

Started by Newlygreenfingered on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 29, 2015, 11:36
by EllenJane

Page created in 0.315 seconds with 33 queries.