Lola isnīt happy...she is a fraud! Update!

• 19 Replies

Oliveview

Lola isnīt happy...she is a fraud! Update!
« on: October 08, 2012, 19:54 »
Lola refused to come for her tea tonight, she was on the sofa and refused to move- so I put her on the floor and she ran kind of low to the ground and started to try to lick her front leg at the top, where it joins her chest, kind of the īarm pitī if you know what I mean.  So I turned her over and had a look, she has a small lump, so I put tea tree cream on it.  She ate her tea sitting on my lap- standing is obviously painful.  Lola takes to her bed if she thinks she is ill- she was probably a man in a previous life.   If she is still in discomfort tomorrow we will visit the vet with her.  Poor Lola :(    It looks like it could be a bite or something.

Pamela
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 18:23 by oliveview »

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Lola isnīt happy
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 20:16 »
poor Lola, hope it's nothing serious and that by the morning she is better xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 20:55 »
Awww virtual hugs from me too Pamela, poor Lola.  Hope she feels better soon!

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 11:54 »
We were at the vets for the 10.30 opening, there were 2 folk before us, then another dog arrived, so he went in first as he was having a jab - so he could have an operation- so he was sorted, then a lady with a small yorkie went in, she was there for at least 30 minutes, then it was Lola īs turn.
I had to slide Lola across the floor (tiles are handy for this)  in the end I gave up and carried her in.  The Vet said Lola has probably had an allergic reaction to a bite, she has a slight temperature.  She was given 2 jabs and I have (or rather Jim has to) give her 3 more injections.  We have cream for the lump.  If it gets bigger we have to ring the Vet.   
Lola now has Timóns bucket on her head, she is not a happy bunny, she is snapping every time the others go near her, which is not like Lola at all.

Charlie just had a go at Timón, why I do not know.....flipping heck, animals!  Charlie got a telling off, so he is now in īscaredī mode.  Timón has a habit of trying to put his whole head into Charlies mouth to lick it (EUGH)  when Charlie is panting- so maybe he nipped Charlies mouth, I donīt know! 

Jumbo has been licking a small cut, so that is now a red bald patch..... I will use Lolaīs cream in it,  he could do with a bucket too, but he chewed the one up that he had before (when he again licked and licked a small graze)

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 12:14 »
Pets can change character when they have a temperature.  Lola seems really out of sorts, I hope she improves soon.  Then everything can get back to its normal chaos for you!   :lol:  ;)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Oliveview

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 12:18 »
I Have had a thought.... Lola was under the bougainvillea  shrub yesterday, they have very pointy spikes on the branches, maybe one got her? 
All is quiet here at the moment......

Pamela

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 13:23 »
You might need to ask your vet if it is not a bite then as dogs can get tetanus.

www.ehow.co.uk/list_6360592_tetanus-symptoms-dogs.html

Trillium

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 15:17 »
Gee, it's just like have sick kids, isn't it Pamela?   :D

Oliveview

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 15:30 »
Lola is a man in dogs clothing- she has not moved from the sofa for 4 hours-  she is annoyed at having the bucket on her head  :lol:  She is eating- as long as we put the food under her nose!  :lol: 

Thanks for the tetanus link, we have to take Lola back to the vet if the lump does not go away, so will mention it to him.

Pamela

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 17:23 »
Hope the others all behave themselves soon!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Oliveview

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 09:00 »
Lola is still being a man (not moving from her bed or the sofa and wants the food bought to her)  Her lump is now not red and looking better.

When Lola was spayed she took to her bed for a week, refused to move, we had to carry her outside to go to the toilet and put the food under her nose.  Jumbo was a pup and left her alone for a week, then after 7 days he got fed up and got her to get out of the bed and play  :lol:

All is quiet here- dogs behaving, Mili, our just a year old cat,  is normally the naughty one in the mornings  :lol: :lol:

Pamela

Oliveview

Re: Lola isnīt happy...she is a fraud! Update!
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 18:25 »
Lola has sat either in her bed all afternoon or all morning on the sofa- looking very sorry for herself, she has refused food unless we hand feed her........  a man has just come to check the leaking pool and Lola has left her bed and gone daft, jumping around and around in circles  :ohmy:   :ohmy:What a fraud she is!  She still has the lump though.

Pamela

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 18:46 »
 ::) :lol: :nowink:

Oliveview

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2012, 19:06 »
<she is back in her bad acting ill now :lol:

Pamela

plum crumble

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 19:10 »
 :nowink: what a laugh.  :lol:
small, Welsh and almost certainly bonkers, but can be tamed with Talisker, if required

xx
Kia update

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post January 05, 2010, 17:01
by Foxy
xx
Rosa Cat update

Started by raeburg on Pets without Feathers

17 Replies
Last post October 29, 2009, 23:44
by Caralou
xx
update on my pony

Started by karlooben on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post November 19, 2009, 21:06
by totalnovice
xx
Paddy Update

Started by cissie on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 00:24
by cissie

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 38 queries.