I love the sound of cockerels in the morning.......

• 3 Replies

Helenaj

I have to put my chooks out quite early because both of us are working, so they are out and about at 6:30am normally and with these light mornings I get a bit concerned about my neighbours.
 One lady came down to feed my chooks with her little grandson, who loves to see the "cockadoodles". So I thought, lets's test the waters and see if the neighbours are put off by my two cockerels crowing early morning. To my delight she says the street love the sound! It reminds them of how the valley used to be when most kept their own chickens.

I must be living in an alternative reality!!!!

Beano

Re: I love the sound of cockerels in the morning.......
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:08 »
How lovely for you. We have a hen that crows and we have one neighbour who's a retired farmer who's happy to hear her crow. The other neighbour who's from the city and has retired to the countryside has complained and we have had to put a blackout on the coop.
The magpies and crows are louder than our silly hen in the morning but they seem to tolerate them. I love the sound of cockerels in the morning, having been brought up on a farm and I can't understand how people get so upset by them.
Lucky you.
El.

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 16:40 »
We're lucky with our neighbours too. They asked us to keep our cockerel when he started crowing because they all like the sound of it. One of my neighbours was telling me the other day he sits in his garden with a beer and shuts his eyes listening to the hens, he finds it very theraputic.

Oliveview

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 15:01 »
We're lucky with our neighbours too. They asked us to keep our cockerel when he started crowing because they all like the sound of it. One of my neighbours was telling me the other day he sits in his garden with a beer and shuts his eyes listening to the hens, he finds it very theraputic.

He should come and live here then, we are surrounded by hens and cockerals and what is really noisy, peacocks, the neighbour has around 20 or more, he isnīt sure!  :ohmy:  The first night here we thought we would never sleep, what with the hens, cockerals and the dogs!!  Now we hardly notice the noise at dawn (or through the night).  When I was back in the UK it was the doves first thing inthe morning that woke me up, noisy things with all that coo-ing  :lol:

Pamela

xx
Cockerels :(

Started by evie2 on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post June 30, 2011, 21:04
by evie2
xx
When do young cockerels ............

Started by ANHBUC on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post December 10, 2012, 17:40
by ANHBUC
xx
Unwanted cockerels - where to take them?

Started by dcvh007 on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post August 05, 2015, 08:07
by New shoot
xx
Cockerels and Allotment Meeting

Started by LittleRedHen on Chicken Chat

26 Replies
Last post March 20, 2011, 17:22
by Aunt Sally

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 35 queries.