Tonic for Monty

• 5 Replies

NormandyMary

Tonic for Monty
« on: June 29, 2010, 17:16 »
Well, following on from tonics, I need some advice. You all know the saga with poor Monty, well he is still with us, but he has lost SO much weight, he is a shadow of his former self, and quite weak with it. He is unsteady on his feet. He does eat, but no where near as much as he did. Can anyone recommend something I can give him. Would porridge help. All ideas very gratefully received. I keep getting that feeling in my tummy that he will end up at my neighbours.(He "does the deed").

Mary.

evie2

Re: Tonic for Monty
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 18:23 »
Hi Mary

I don't know about Monty - I'm new - but as your in France have you thought about taking advice from a Homoeopathic practitioner or Herbalist, a professionally trained one of course.  I've found them very helpful in the past.

Grace
May this day be blessed with gifts, understanding and friends.  Merlin 2001-2012 Pandora 2001-2013 xxx

NormandyMary

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 09:27 »
Monty cockled this morning, for the first time since his second attack 2 weeks ago. I take it as a very good sign, I get him out of the henhouse everyday, and he enjoys the sunshine. He looks stronger (must be the porridge) and altogether happier. I take the cockling as a good sign. Am I right? He did  half a dozen at least.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 09:39 »
sounds like he is improving  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

lukasmum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 08:27 »
I've always fed a wonderful mix of probiotic yoghurt, grated apple, mashed egg yolk and porridge oats to any of mine who are under the weather. If he really needs building up, you can add a small teaspoon of honey for extra energy too!

Thankfully, I haven't had to use this for a long while!
Good luck!

NormandyMary

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 08:46 »
I've always fed a wonderful mix of probiotic yoghurt, grated apple, mashed egg yolk and porridge oats to any of mine who are under the weather. If he really needs building up, you can add a small teaspoon of honey for extra energy too!

Thankfully, I haven't had to use this for a long while!
Good luck!

Ive got all those things, Ill have a go today. Mont came out of the henhouse unaided this morning, and proceeded to cockle at least 10 times. He really has come on leaps and bounds. Trouble is, his cockle has completely changed from what it was. It takes some getting used to. He was having a conversation with the cockerel from the farm down the road. It was brilliant. Trouble is when I hear him, I cry!

xx
Nettex tonic or poultrt tonic

Started by mohs.ayaz on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post August 23, 2013, 04:22
by mohs.ayaz
xx
poultry spice tonic

Started by drpepper on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post August 12, 2011, 09:11
by Sassy
xx
Life Guardâ„¢ Tonic

Started by Barry J Scott on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post January 17, 2007, 19:41
by muntjac
xx
poultry tonic preferences

Started by happy chick on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post October 03, 2008, 18:29
by Foxy

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 34 queries.