strawberry jam/fruit sauce

• 3 Replies

Poolfield2

« on: July 05, 2008, 23:26 »
Before the rain set in I was going great guns with my strawberries and came across Jamie Oliver's most recent book which had a recipe for a really low sugar jam and non of that testing for a setting point.

It is just 1kg of strawbs and 150g caster sugar put in a wide based pan then squish the lot together to dissolve sugar (I used a potato masher) bring to boil and simmer gently for about 30 mins, stir occasionally. When you can make a trail through it, bung in sterilised jars (makes less than 2 x 1lb). I reckon that you will need to keep it in fridge cos that isn't much sugar to preserve it but it won't last long anyway :wink:  

It is great as jam or yogurt topping or icecream topping

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 23:00 »
Hi Poolfield, I'm trying to be a good little moderator after Gobs making me feel guilty about some posts!!!!!  So I'm going down the unanswered posts list!!

This strawberry jammy thing sounds okay, so I think I'll give it a go, but I would nly make a small bit at a time because of having to keep it in the fridge, but I've got 17 lbs of strawberries in freezer waiting for me to do womething with!!!!

Poolfield2

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 11:18 »
I'd forgotten about that post, thankyou for your work as the moderator, must take up ages. I spend far too long on here as it is. "I'll just have a look while I drink my tea" turns into half an hour ++++.

I ended up freezing the jam in small containers, just enough for a week and love it on my yoghurt in the moring as well as jam. :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 00:33 »
I don't spend as much time on here, especially in the summer as some of the mods do, but we try to keep this a nice friendly forum, and I'd hate anyone to get upset or annoyed because we didn't answer their posts!!!!

xx
Tom sauce

Started by sclarke624 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

11 Replies
Last post September 10, 2009, 22:51
by tode
xx
Cranberry sauce

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

1 Replies
Last post December 22, 2010, 12:32
by pigeonpie
xx
horseradish sauce

Started by purplebat on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

0 Replies
Last post July 14, 2009, 15:46
by purplebat
xx
Leek Sauce

Started by Debz on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post November 08, 2008, 19:15
by Bombers

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 28 queries.