Mountfield / Zenoah Petrol Strimmer - parts hunt!

• 11 Replies

edessex

Mountfield / Zenoah Petrol Strimmer - parts hunt!
« on: July 28, 2012, 15:57 »
Hi all, I recently had my Stihl FS400 petrol strimmer / brushcutter stolen  >:(

I've managed to pick up a couple of smaller strimmers as spares/repairs to tide me over until I can find another heavy duty one. 
Among these is one with a sticker on the shaft saying 'Mountfield Multi-Trim Model 22', and the engine says 'Zenoah' with a ID sticker saying 'G2A'.  From what I can figure out from google, the engine is a 22.5cc Zenoah / Komatsu unit.

I've managed to get it running, but I need an air filter unit.  It's got the backplate with the choke flap, but no casing or filter.

Does anyone know of an online parts catalogue, so I can find the part numbers?  Or if the air filter units from other strimmers or small engines might fit?

Gwiz

Re: Mountfield / Zenoah Petrol Strimmer - parts hunt!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 18:22 »
They used to be pretty good little strimmers. Your only hope of getting an original unit will be Ebay I would have thought. Remind me, is the choke part of the back plate on this? And if so, it might be worth measuring the distance between the centre of the bolts that hold it on. You never know, it might be very similar to other ones that are more current.
See if you can post a picture of what you have. I, or another spanner rattler on here, might have something knocking around in our sheds......

edessex

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 17:45 »
The 'backplate' is a circular metal plate, which has the choke slider on it, so really I just need to find any form of air filter and housing which will fit.  The later ones appear to be a square/rectangle air filter housing, and again the choke is part of the backplate, although on those it is all plastic.  If I can get hold of a complete air filter unit from a later one, I might remove my backplate and see if it is a direct fit.

I've tried searching through eBay for parts, but as the strimmer and engine are no longer made, and I don't know any part numbers, I'm not having much luck!

Although I have found out that the G2A engine was popular to use in hobbycrafts; RC cars, helicopters, etc.  So I've emailed a local hobbyshop and hopefully they will be able to point me in the right direction.

I'll see if I can get a picture up in a bit, and take the measurements.

grendel

edessex

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 18:02 »
I've got that one on my watch list, good spot though.  I've got to measure the distance between the bolt holes on mine, and then ask the seller to do the same.  I think the inlet hole looks in the right place.

I think it's a bit steep at just under £12, but if it fits and I can't find anything cheaper, I might have to give it a go!

mower man

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 14:20 »
The part number you require is

1100-81500  Air Filter Assy

I had one on my old machine once
You may be only one person in the world,  but you may also be the world to one person.

edessex

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 14:42 »
Thanks for that.  Can only seem to get results on Russian websites though!  Will keep trying.

Unfortunately that later one on eBay won't fit... I thought that the backing plate was removable, but it's actually cast.

The distance between the middle of the front cover mounting holes is 40mm.

Gwiz

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 16:30 »
Allen used to badge engineer the same range of strimmers, I think.
Allen as a company is kaput also, but it gives you another stab at finding one that will fit on fleabay

grendel

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 18:34 »
hmm small baked bean tin with a few holes and a bit of sponge as a filter inside?
Grendel

smud6ie

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 18:35 »
Is it a TK carb with the diameter of the filter mounting flange 50mm and 40mm centre to centre of the fixing screws for it?
smud6ie

edessex

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 13:13 »
I like the bean can idea!  Why didn't I think of that? lol

I have no clue if it's a TK carb, I can't see any manufacturer's marking or coding on it.
The distance between the centres of the fixing screws is 40mm, the external measurement of the unit is 50mm, making the outside of that mounting rim about 48mm (but I'm using a tape-measure as it's the best I've got!)

smud6ie

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 16:42 »
If it helps here is a picture of the parts that bolt on the carb for the filter to mount on. the internal diameter of the broken plasic filter housing on the left is just over 53mm.
The parts came off a "Robin  Grasscutter" NB** and has a TK carb.
smud6ie
010820122265.jpg

clip
mountfield rotovator what model or where to get parts or fixed??

Started by dfereday on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post December 03, 2013, 23:54
by jezza
xx
makita rst 210 strimmer spare parts

Started by pran vallaba on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post May 26, 2008, 10:18
by dorimower
question
Jonsered GT 24L Strimmer Spare Parts Help!!

Started by muddy86 on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post August 02, 2010, 20:58
by muddy86
xx
mcculloch x series 250cxl strimmer parts

Started by adal on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post July 01, 2019, 12:01
by adal

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 32 queries.