can anyone help me with a bolt

• 52 Replies

muntjac

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2007, 22:36 »
well we grow it on the farm n its loverly blue colour is nice .but it sure takes a hell of a lot of land to get enough to sell . i reckon you will need a 1/4 acre to get ya cricket bat oiled matey lol
 :lol:  :lol:
still alive /............

shaun

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2007, 22:39 »
ok so if i need a load of it do you think it would be ok to dilute it with castrol GTX ? :wink:
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

muntjac

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 22:51 »
lmao ya daft plonker
 :lol:

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2007, 23:09 »
Quote from: "Ice hockey mad"
Quote from: "muntjac"
rause .entrit ist verboten .nicht comen herien... or werds to that affect

We'll see about that.  I'm in Aunty's good books since I started supplying her with Linseed oil.  :wink:

It's very nice too Ice.  The hint of vodka and under tone of creosote was most enjoyable.  Don't think I mentioned a get of the naughty step card though  :roll:

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2007, 23:12 »
Quote from: "Aunt Sally"
Quote from: "muntjac"
rause .entrit ist verboten .nicht comen herien... or werds to that affect

We'll see about that.  I'm in Aunty's good books since I started supplying her with Linseed oil.  :wink:

It's very nice too Ice.  The hint of vodka and under tone of creosote was most enjoyable.  Don't think I mentioned a get of the naughty step card though  :roll:

It was implied. :roll:
Cheese makes everything better.

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 23:13 »
Quote from: "shaun"
no its not,I have a cunning plan ,I might grow it and get the oil and bottle it,then i can sell it to the local cricket teams,it will be organic linseed oil,i'm sure there a market for it  :wink:

A cricket link, how exciting.  Woe betide batsmen who eagerly over-oil their bats.  Youngsters are devils for it.  It deadens the natural spring of the willow and leads to fibres separating, especially at the toe of the bat.  Over-oiling is far worse than no oil and is a regular cause of bat failure or lack of performance.

Bats should only be oiled once a season, twice at most, beginning and end of season.  At most, one teaspoonful is all that's needed for the entire face, the edges, the back and the toe.  Second time in the season, half a teaspoonful at most.  Has to be rubbed in with the fingertops, not a rag sopping with the stuff.  In the case of bats with protective face tape (it's micro-thin and super sticky) and a rubberised toe guard, which virtually all quality bats have these days, then only half a teaspoonful a year should be necessary for the back and uncovered shoulders of the bat.  It's only to shrug off light surface moisture which is expected to be wiped away before too long.  Bats aren't designed to be used in the rain (like cricketers themselves) and shouldn't obviously be stored in really damp conditions.

The last bottle I bought was over 10 years ago and it was about a quid.  It's still probably over 7/8 full.  So, erm, don't give up your day job.   :D

shaun

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 23:15 »
bang goes that idea then  :roll:  :wink:

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 23:16 »
ok so if i need a load of it do you think it would be ok to dilute it with castrol GTX ? :wink:

Oh no.  :evil:  GTX on a quality piece of willow.  Sacrilege.  WG Grace would turn in his grave.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2007, 23:16 »
Quote from: "Tinbasher"
no its not,I have a cunning plan ,I might grow it and get the oil and bottle it,then i can sell it to the local cricket teams,it will be organic linseed oil,i'm sure there a market for it  :wink:

A cricket link, how exciting.  Woe betide batsmen who eagerly over-oil their bats.  Youngsters are devils for it.  It deadens the natural spring of the willow and leads to fibres separating, especially at the toe of the bat.  Over-oiling is far worse than no oil and is a regular cause of bat failure or lack of performance.

Bats should only be oiled once a season, twice at most, beginning and end of season.  At most, one teaspoonful is all that's needed for the entire face, the edges, the back and the toe.  Second time in the season, half a teaspoonful at most.  Has to be rubbed in with the fingertops, not a rag sopping with the stuff.  In the case of bats with protective face tape (it's micro-thin and super sticky) and a rubberised toe guard, which virtually all quality bats have these days, then only half a teaspoonful a year should be necessary for the back and uncovered shoulders of the bat.  It's only to shrug off light surface moisture which is expected to be wiped away before too long.  Bats aren't designed to be used in the rain (like cricketers themselves) and shouldn't obviously be stored in really damp conditions.

The last bottle I bought was over 10 years ago and it was about a quid.  It's still probably over 7/8 full.  So, erm, don't give up your day job.   :D

You need to get out more. :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

shaun

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2007, 23:18 »
on the subject of cricket,do you like the clips of shep on talk sport ?

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2007, 23:20 »
on the subject of cricket,do you like the clips of shep on talk sport ?

Yes.  It's so bad it's good. :?

Tinbasher

• Experienced Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2007, 23:21 »
Quote from: "Tinbasher"

You need to get out more. :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

No, you've missed the point.  You need to stay 'In' more.  You can't score runs in the pavilion, as they say.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 23:22 »
D'oh. :lol:

muntjac

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 23:23 »
you lot need rescuing .,i have sent for anty ....... bolts nuts cricket ur all blooming bonkers  :roll:

shaun

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 23:24 »
you cant beat sitting on the pavilion on a summers evening and the sound of the bat hitting the ball, i love it  8)

thumbdown
snapped Briggs and Stratton cyl head bolt

Started by chumpy7 on Equipment Shed

20 Replies
Last post December 30, 2014, 12:41
by shedmeister

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 28 queries.