my qualcast cultimatic?

• 53 Replies

Gwiz

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 17:42 »
did someone shout?
when you take out the mixture screw "thingy", does it look like a threaded screw with a point at one end? and if so, how long, and what about the part it screws into on the carb? is it removable ie, is it a thin brassey type of nut with a hole in the centre for the "thingy"? :wink:

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 17:52 »
i need the needle and the threded holder that screws into the carb (with a point)

think needle is steel quite short and the holder that gos into the carb first is alloy but yes has a hole for the thingy

nathan
2 allotments, long standing back problem, am i mad?

Gwiz

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007, 18:12 »
i think they are still "getable"
BUT, i am just about to go away on my happy hol's, so i won't get a chance to look it up for a little while.
if you could email me a pm, with the engines model, type and code number, i will look it up ( along with another part for someone else on here....see, i haven't forgoten!) when i get back in a couple of weeks.
if its still being sold, i will let you know, and what it should cost you, i may even be able to put you in touch with a supplier.
i am left with a handfull of parts that i have bought for people in the past, who have then turned around and said that they no longer want or need them, indeed, one gentleman recieved the part in the post, and has never paid for it (stupid me for sending it, but in my defence, i assume that people are honest at heart) so you will understand my reluctance now to aquire parts for people i have never met "in the face", so to speak.
i should point out that that person who never paid, no longer comes onto this forum, or at least, has not done so for a long time.

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007, 18:23 »
thanks thats nice of you.

i will have a drive round all the locals in the meen time and see what i can find!

ive just been thinking off fitting something like this

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/compactor-c60-go-kart-lawn-mower-engine_W0QQitemZ200149972966QQihZ010QQcategoryZ112393QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-GX160-Engine-for-Lawnmower-Generator-Go-Kart_W0QQitemZ200150245872QQihZ010QQcategoryZ122308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

im just sick of messing about with things that cost more than they are worth

nathan

Gwiz

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007, 18:30 »
that first one is a chinese copy of the honda engine below.
beware! parts are imposable to find for the chinese one, and easy to find for the other......
if yours is only faulty because of a mixture screw, i wouldn't change it. Blue tac is very cheap, so is silicone sealant, both will hold that screw in the right place. just a thought. :wink:

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 18:35 »
yeah i know what you mean!

im not 100% sure it thats all it was as b4 it poped out it had a misfire and that was after cleaning the allready cleen fuel pick up.

the copy engine should last a fair while i think and i wont over use it but honda one would be better

i just dont want to get5 50.00 down the line and still have a miss fire!  someone quoted me 50.00 = parts and vat today  to sort it i just see that as a new engine i may be looking at it wrong but atleast it would work and they may all even come out the same factory as even hondas are made out there

nathan

Gwiz

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2007, 18:39 »
the chinese engines i have seen so far are poor imitations of the real thing. i can well imagine that there is alsorts of lawsuits flying around regarding the copy's, or maybe i'm just a pesimist, :lol:

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2007, 18:41 »
i may just be getting to exited about something thats not worth it :(

Gwiz

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2007, 18:57 »
cheapest is not ever the best, in my most humble.....and so on.
I have been fixing this type of stuff now for about the last 23 years and have seen alsorts of cheapy stuff on the market. mind you, i have seen stuff with a good build quality and name go right down hill after being bought out by a new company.
the thing you always have to ask yourself is " is this a realistic price for this engine/mower/service/bag of fruit/fish or whatever". in the modenised world, it don't matter what country you are in, material and labour cost's are going to be about the same, so the finnished article price is "broadly" going to be about the same. places like china, on the other hand may not even have basic health and safety for the workforce. do we want to for that? because we are if we support that by always buying "cheap" it's an ethical nightmare, not to mention an enviromental one too.
far better ,methinks, to repair the old as the energy has already been "spent" in its manufacture twenty years ago (in your engines case, that is)
don't mind me, i'm in a funny mood at present, and really don't mean to lecture. ( if that seem's to you how this note come's accross----i hope that's not the case!!!)

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2007, 19:08 »
i dont dissagree with you, and no go for it its frtee speech

im driven by the fact i get real bad back and problems with my knee so bending and kneeling  is a killer, thats why i work formyself now so i can do what i cant and can at the time and i dont let anyone down!

i get you 100% on the engine thing but if im going to spend 5 days in a year and 40.00 on bits i may as well to a point but a new engine a year.

i regret in a way buying a old tool but the new ones i saw dont lool strong enough to do the job unless you speng (my opinion) some mega money

nathan

Gwiz

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2007, 19:34 »
with you on the back thing. i suffer from more or less constant pain.

i do agree with you on the cost thing as well. i just find it a constant worry having to way up all the pro's and con's about buying ethically.
the first political party i voted for was the green party back in the days when nobody thought about such things ( politically speaking, and the "media")
since then i have moved also somewhat to the left of marx ( thatcher did that to me in the 80's) so i now always worry about workers rights and so on. i need therapy, dammit! :lol:

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2007, 12:39 »
i managed to get a service valve kit today but its over sized compared to mine! i will go back later and take the carb with me.

i took the starter housing off jusdt to have a look and i see the coil thing has serface rust but also where it touches the flywheel, the flywheel isnt shiney all the way round could this cause running problems?

nathan

Gwiz

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2007, 12:44 »
the two arms of the coil should not touch the flywheel at all. there should in fact be an airgap. this is about 15 to 20 thou if i remember correctly.
if yours is touching, this maybe the problem.

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2007, 13:18 »
oh ok will look at that then if i can get the bit to get it started, if the points where gone or playing up would it sound fine on tick over or rough as hell?

when it was running it was fine on tick over but sounded like it was missing on high revs

nathan

new_2_veg

my qualcast cultimatic?
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2007, 15:24 »
well that was pointless, cant get one matched up they adviced id be best off getting a new engine! surely theres something i can do or someone with one somewhere.

wonder if any other carb wold work on it

nathan

xx
qualcast cultimatic b66 rotovator

Started by hammers07 on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 13, 2008, 18:25
by shaun
xx
qualcast cultimatic super

Started by mike w on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 13, 2012, 18:18
by mike w
xx
Qualcast Cultimatic Instructions

Started by Chappers on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post November 22, 2011, 20:02
by Gardener1
clip
Qualcast Cultimatic Oil Level

Started by michael8554 on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post November 22, 2017, 09:45
by R Tallentire

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 28 queries.