rabbits

• 7 Replies

flatcap

• Experienced Member
rabbits
« on: February 16, 2007, 10:19 »
fav uncle just rang hes got a load of rabbits for me (unfortunatly need skinning and gutting oh job) i normally do them in slow cooker with pots veg campells soup and bit beer anyone out there got any other things to try with them

muntjac

rabbits
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 10:25 »
skin , joint. then put in a meat tray with onions n garlic ,roast witha foil cover on top with ahalf cup water ... you cannot beat a rabbit and liver ( ox ) pie or ,beef n rabbit the beef n gravy keeps the rabbit moist mate . i have maybe 60 in the freezer at the minute lol , you can freeze them in the skins and they wont burn  :wink:  thaw for the day to use  :)
still alive /............

flatcap

• Experienced Member
rabbits
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35 »
got some beef so il give it a go .i could just imagine brats face opening freezer and seeing frozen rabbits with skins on  :shock:
one last question anyway to cover the smell when gutting them apart from door and windows open

WG.

Re: rabbits
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:35 »
Quote from: "flatcap"
fav uncle just rang hes got a load of rabbits for me (unfortunatly need skinning and gutting oh job) i normally do them in slow cooker with pots veg campells soup and bit beer anyone out there got any other things to try with them
Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you a few cloves of my home-smoked garlic.

flatcap

• Experienced Member
rabbits
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:49 »
thanks whiskey golf sent pm hope you get it as never sent one before :oops:

muntjac

rabbits
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 13:56 »
do them outsie and get the guts out asap on all of them ...... make sure you pee them afore you gut them as well mate  :wink:

flatcap

• Experienced Member
rabbits
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 14:56 »
having a thick day how do you pee them ?  :oops:

muntjac

rabbits
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 20:43 »
squeeze down from the imaginery belly buton area as if you was shelling peas pres down firmly stroking action to the butt a stream of water comes out , this should all be done when they are killed .gutted soon afterwards or they soon start to swell and the innards can spoil the meat if they are ruptured and left .if you split a gut dont worry skin as normal and then wash in a fast jet of water from tap . to skin a rabbit qwik slide the blade from the shoulder blades to the tail in one slice .peel like a handbag  the feet will hold so snip them off with secateurs  same with the neck releasing the head . the tail will just pull away . to finish the cleaning split both sides of the pelvis with a heavy knife pressing down and breaking the bones , snip through the tail at the point it touches the body and then use this to pull the anal tract away in a clean move . rinse well. if you have a blood bruise  cut into it with a sharp knife and rub hard with water running leave to soak in water for a couple hours then drain  and cook. pressure cooked rabbits is the best i have had ,you let it cool and then remove from bones add to pies with gravy .or stews as it comes .

xx
rabbits

Started by juliec on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post October 24, 2010, 22:43
by juliec

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 29 queries.