What can be discussed

• 5 Replies

alancane

• Experienced Member
What can be discussed
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:18 »
Is there a list of things that can or can't be discussed? I am surprised Joyfull that you chose to lock a subject that people may want to discuss and is there anything wrong in a healthy debate? This is a forum after all where discussion or opinion sharing should be encouraged as long as it doesn't offend/insult/abuse then what is wrong with that?
Alan

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: What can be discussed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 11:26 »
We've no absolute list of what can be discussed and it is the moderators job to use their discretion and experience when deciding if to lock a topic or not.

We have had the fox cull or control debate a number of times before.  It often ends up in a very Heated argument.

Or site Policies are here if you would like to give them a read

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=19481.0
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:27 by Aunt Sally »

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 11:28 »
Whilst I disagree with the action, I respect the decision of a moderator. A real shame.

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:31 »
With all due respects, the moderators have been members of the forum a lot longer than yourself and have much experience of where topics like this can lead.

Joyfull was quite correct in her actions before - once again - this repeated debate led to upset.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 11:31 »
Sensible discussion is fine but a couple of comments on that topic were not discussions. If people want to say to cull then these comments should be part of the reasoning and explain why. Sadly most people do not have nor want a gun and prevention for them would be the way to go and any advice on this would be most welcome. Those that do have guns (and I am hoping to join those - have my shotgun cabinet just got to get my licence and gun) though should practise before trying to shoot an animal otherwise the animal could end up with a serious infection and have a slow lingering death. Even with guns around people should always go down the prevention route.

Staffies are softer than you think.

alancane

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 11:36 »
And that told me  lol  :tongue2:

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 40 queries.