Advertisement

• 5 Replies

mdjlucan

Advertisement
« on: December 06, 2020, 08:31 »
Advertisement Every time I open up the forum Grow your Own I get advertisements come up before I can open it up is this right
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:33 by mdjlucan »
metal detector man

Growing Weather

Re: Advertisement
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 10:37 »
If it's part of the Grow Your Own magazine, you will find it's very adverty like the magazine itself. After all it's how they make their money ........................... and they want your money.

You may want to try an ad guard blocker app but they don't always work.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 10:38 by Growing Weather »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 13:23 »
I get that as well sometimes depending on what device I am using.  The phone is the worst for it, but usually only the once when I first try to get into one of the boards.  Once I close the ad I can navigate the forums without it popping up again.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 15:25 »
Advertisement Every time I open up the forum Grow your Own I get advertisements come up before I can open it up is this right
Let's be fair. If you buy their magazine you pay for it and half the content consists of adverts. Their website and forum are free to access so one would expect 75% to be taken up by adverts :)

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 15:50 »
I think mdjlucan means the GYO bit on here.  The post was there but got moved into Chatting.  I often get an ad opening up on here first as well, as previously posted.

The official GYO forum linked to the mag is an ad nightmare though.  Gives me a headache to look at it, so I give it a swerve  :lol:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 16:41 »
Adverts here are limited to top and bottom banners so they don't block the content. I used to be able to control the size but now user control is much less than it was because of catering to mobiles and tablets as well as desktop screens.
I could get the adverts off altogether if we moved onto a paid subscription model to cover the hosting / tech support costs or make the forums a private resource. I don't like that as the advert model enables all income groups to access and gain help rather than those who can afford it.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 40 queries.