99p Shop!!!!

• 12 Replies

ulsterfairy

• Experienced Member
99p Shop!!!!
« on: April 17, 2012, 19:35 »
I laughed when I happened across this place on its opening day honestly thinking what rubbish will be here!!

Still I went in and was pleasantly surprised.  Everything is 99p or under and not just 98p!! I think the local large supermrket might suffer a bit as some brand stuff in there a lot cheaper!!!

But anyhow gardening stuff similar to poundland except not a pound!! A range of fuschia other bedding plants and 1.5 metre cloches as well as flowerpots, will def be going back in for a nosey.

(I saved a whole 3p compared to poundland  :tongue2:)

mattwragg94

Re: 99p Shop!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 19:48 »
yeh our 99p stores good for the gardening stuff except the plants as they dont water them >:(. i noticed some hesian sack in there the other day - which i thought where good (might get some later on to store crops in them, and i also sometimes get some tools for the garden from there - about 5 years ago i picked up mini matock with a 3 prongs on the other side - i used it all the time - unfortunately it broke last week - so i'll try and pick another one up soon. ;)

ulsterfairy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 20:04 »
I saw those hessian bags, I will prob get some as well for my spuds.  Yeah the plants looked happy and well watered but it was the first day!!

I havent open the cloches yet but if ok I may pick up another couple.

mattwragg94

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 20:13 »
when you say cloches - do you mean mean mini polythene tunnels - as ive got some too, although mine are from £ land

ulsterfairy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 20:23 »
Yeah Im cloches in the brain at the moment, been cutting up plastic bottles for my baby gems! :wacko:

I have pound land ones as well, they did the job last year, the metal bits feel sturdier on the new ones I thought, either way it will still do the job!

stentman

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 20:53 »
Yes I to have spent a tiny bit of my hard earned in the 99p shop. Two Dicentra (bleeding heart) bushes, a sunflower kit for the kids to have go with and a pack of three new hanging basket chains £3.96p.
Stents keeping things open 24/7

If one way be better than another, that you can be sure is natures way. Aristotle 384BC - 322BC

Lawrence

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:33 »
In my local this week a pack of three Golden Wonder Tubers, and a "free" potato growing bag.

like diggingk

• Experienced Member
  • Our dog Molly relaxing on the allotment
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 21:17 »
hi
i got 4 poly-tunnels beginning of April they are very good strong plastic nice and tall 18"

also got there grow bags my 20 tom's are very happy all have flowers there in the unheated greenhouse

i do love my 99p shop  :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 22:36 »
We had a very nice 99p shop opened in Spalding.  They took over the closed Woolworth's shop.  Some good bits in there, but they only lasted about 2 years and closed.  Pity!

Still, our Poundland in Boston is okay, and we have a QD too.

ulsterfairy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 11:33 »
Took my mum to the 99p shop when she was visiting from N Ireland, she had trouble grasping the concept that everthing was 99p or else   :lol:

Her partner  and I stood chuckling when she approached a member of staff to ask how much the things she wanted to buy were  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 13:20 »
 :lol: :lol: :lol:  awwww

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 20:41 »
yeh our 99p stores good for the gardening stuff except the plants as they dont water them >:(. i noticed some hesian sack in there the other day - which i thought where good (might get some later on to store crops in them, and i also sometimes get some tools for the garden from there - about 5 years ago i picked up mini matock with a 3 prongs on the other side - i used it all the time - unfortunately it broke last week - so i'll try and pick another one up soon. ;)

Check out a bird seed supplier for hessian sacks,ours on the market sell the used sacks, I got some the other year for 20p each. I think they may have gone up a bit now.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Madame Cholet

• Location: Thrapston=Home & garden Lotty=Ringstead East Northants
  • remember you're a womble
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 20:20 »
brought a packm of six paint brushes ideal for fences ect so I don't ruin the good ones
Diary at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85680.75

Comments at- http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=85681.15

To good friends, good food and dirty hands

Underground overground wombling free

xx
99p shop

Started by Wiltshire Worms on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post April 27, 2013, 20:33
by Beetroot queen
xx
99p shop

Started by Piccolo on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post February 26, 2010, 22:00
by A. Fallowfield
xx
Pound Shop

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Frugal Living

3 Replies
Last post February 25, 2011, 14:51
by MJS
xx
The dump shop

Started by Elcie on Frugal Living

20 Replies
Last post September 12, 2009, 17:58
by Etherelda

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 39 queries.