What I did on the plot today - 2013

• 2699 Replies

3 allotments

• now is the time
Re: What I did on the plot today - 2013
« Reply #2670 on: December 24, 2013, 16:12 »
Checked all greenhouses and PT,all fine for now, but  we got the worst weather coming.Made a mattock handle and a ball pein hammer handle. ;)Wind took some felt off shed roof several gallons of water in a tray i put there in case this happened  :(.got 2 days off then back to it  :D as im not a big Christmas fan.have a good un fellow gardeners ;)darren
diggity dig dig

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #2671 on: December 24, 2013, 16:17 »
I sent the plotfather to collect parsnip and sprouts for tomorrow's dinner. While he was there he played hunt the bin lids :D :D Fortunately he won!!!! He reported that there was no damage but there is now a stream running down the plot edge from top to bottom and the bottom pathway is now a muddy ditch.
Happy Christmas! :)

cadalot

« Reply #2672 on: December 24, 2013, 18:27 »
Went and recovered the remains of my greenhouse and grow house and all the other things that had been blown away or over

marcofez

• Experienced Member
  • Land of the Triffids
« Reply #2673 on: December 26, 2013, 23:32 »
Went out to the allotment for a walk and some fresh air. Bought a box of veg peelings and leaves with me to chuck on to the compost bins. Had a nose around, surprised I was the only nutter there Went back home got in car and went to garden centre for some compost and perlite to sow my onion seeds in. That's tomorrow's job before going off to work nights! ;)

blackberryjam

« Reply #2674 on: December 26, 2013, 23:43 »
Popped down before work and tided up a bit,noticed my broadbeans have bean flattened buy the wind, so ill be back at the weekend to pull them up and put them in the compost bin.
Merry-Christmas-Animation-Gif.gif
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 23:04 by blackberryjam »

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #2675 on: December 28, 2013, 11:09 »
Hubby is on the plot with florence  ;) amazing but true. They have cleared the cabbages on dads plot and Are now putting in broad beans

Isnt it too late for broad beans, i dont have the heart to burst the bubble, florence wanted to plant so they are.  :closedeyes:

pigguns

• Mitcham, South London
« Reply #2676 on: December 28, 2013, 15:16 »
If it stays mild you might be ok, but they may rot/get miced.  It's a good feeling to get things in though, worth the price of a seed packet to be out in the sun IMO.

I pottered on the plot, sat in my chair with a drink and enjoyed the sun/peace and solitude (my teenage daughters don't like mud, so left them at home!), tidied my sticks and canes  :)  dug the manure into the large veg bed- surprised it was workable and not too wet, but it's very free draining.  Felt good to dig for a bit.

Disposed of 2 small slugs.  Every little helps  8)

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #2677 on: December 28, 2013, 15:19 »
Couldn't resist a morning out in the sunshine. Propped up the drunken fruit cage as best I could, and repaired the cauli net structure.

Weeded the leeks and garlic, pulled the last of the beetroot to store at home and dug the first of my oca crop. Well pleased with them  from four tubers :D (two red and two peach)
Oca Dec 13 resized.jpg
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2678 on: December 28, 2013, 15:22 »
Took round the bags of veg peelings for the bean trenches.

Plots on the lower half of the site are flooded! It's still to wet to do anything much - I was just happy to find the shed standing in the right place  ;)

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #2679 on: December 28, 2013, 17:46 »
Hubby is on the plot with florence  ;) amazing but true. They have cleared the cabbages on dads plot and Are now putting in broad beans

Isnt it too late for broad beans, i dont have the heart to burst the bubble, florence wanted to plant so they are.  :closedeyes:

I don't put mine in until january - I don't do autumn sowings as they never do well for me - I get loads from an early spring sowing and they catch up growth-wise just as quick! ;)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 18:34 by devonbarmygardener »

Yana

« Reply #2680 on: December 28, 2013, 18:14 »
Topped up bins with manure collected yesterday, and then topped up paths on plot 2 with several barrow loads of wood chip that had been delivered to the allotment site a few weeks ago.
Laid wood chips on new paths on plot 3 and dug up veggies for tea and freezing on plot 1. Such a beautiful day I didn't want to go home.   :D  :D
I have my own cement mixer and not afraid to use it!!

3 allotments

• now is the time
« Reply #2681 on: December 28, 2013, 19:31 »
 Checked lottie #2 fine, ;) no damage just carpets and plastic sheeting moved a bit ;) then up to other site lottie#1 corrugated sheet blown off to pieces  :( from 1 hm greenhouse (luckily got 2 spare new ones down back of shed).Felt on shed ripped up a bit needs mending with bitumen,other shed plastic sheet gone off roof need to replace,another plastic gh couple of tears in it, mended that with polytunnel repair tape,also taped shut windows on polytunnel,lottie #3 all 3 glasshouses fine, ;)but pete next to me had 2 panes blown in so i put 2 more spare ones i had back in for him then phoned him he came up said thanks , then he dug his plot cos it was a nice day gave me £3 for a drink (i dont drink)nice of him,then varnished the tool handles i made 8), oh and a few big sheds blown down not mine.darren ;)

blackberryjam

« Reply #2682 on: December 29, 2013, 14:16 »
Spent an hour on the lottie today cut the last of the cabbages, and covered the bed, found some slugs in the blowaway greenhouse, hiding under a pot ,got rid of them permanently snip snip. Dug up last of turnips. :)
Pulled up broad beans has they grew to quickly then got blown over buy the wind, I have 18 grano violetto left so ill try again in February  :)

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 14:33 by blackberryjam »

Beetroot Queen

« Reply #2683 on: December 29, 2013, 15:00 »
Moved all the carrot bins up the hill, all eight of them. Then at home hubby set too with the jet wash and tackled all the jobs hes not done for months. He raised the pergola roof as the pitch wasnt right then he jet washed the planet including next doors washing  :blush: the garden looks so clean now. I even ran the hoover round indoors as this cleaning lark is catching  :D

Ok so the plan was to do more on the plot but at least we are straight here so tomorrow we will get up the hill

Plot 6B

• NRAA Website
« Reply #2684 on: December 29, 2013, 17:05 »
Had some free manure delivered this morning ;) ;) O happy days :D :D
Spread it over plot 6b.
The fruits of success come from hard work!
A.K.A. Nige2plots

xx
Tips for 2013 and my new plot

Started by Ema on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post December 28, 2012, 15:43
by JayG
xx
Been to my plot today for......

Started by jacnal on Grow Your Own

32 Replies
Last post October 23, 2007, 21:17
by gobs
xx
what I did NOT do on the plot today.

Started by richrua on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post March 30, 2013, 10:29
by BabbyAnn
xx
What I did on the plot today - 2012

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

2319 Replies
Last post December 31, 2012, 17:30
by Plot 6B

Page created in 0.359 seconds with 36 queries.