Greenhouse Update

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Greenhouse Update
« on: October 19, 2020, 12:57 »
This is my greenhouse today.   !!!!!!

image.jpeg
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: My greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 17:25 »
That looks safer than I imagined it from your descriptions of it being taped together etc, you must be mightily relieved. Are you having it rebuilt?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2020, 10:44 »
I am pleased it wasn't very safe, although it swayed about alot and was completely rotten, it never leaked !
The "pigsty" adjoining it is all down as well.  They are both going to be rebuilt plus lots of other garden work going on as well ie:  lawn, trees, flower beds, fences actually, I think its pretty much all of the garden   :lol:

jezza

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 16:24 »
Hello hope the pigsty wasn't listed some one in my village knocked one down to use the bricks to build a small wall the heritage people noticed it had gone, he had to rebuild it to the same specification using lime mortar  jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 13:48 »
The photo was after the men had taken it all down.    The "Pigsty"     was only an extension beside the greenhouse and we called it that because it was were we dumped all the things we didn't know what to do with.   So no, not listed, not even a list of the rubbish in there    :D   Mrs B

mrs bouquet

Greenhouse Update
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2020, 10:57 »
Last week  he wasn't here at all.  The week before only mornings and only 3 days !   This week he has advised that he won't be here until next week.   All I have so far is a wooden frame, piles of mud and rubbish, and will I direct the poly carb roof delivery in, but he is not sure when it will be !!    Had I not already given him a cheque for £1,600 for materials  !!!!, he would be getting a very sharp elbow along with a big sack  >:(
Now I am stuck with him,  but he is trying me.   :mad: :mad: :mad:   I could weep.   Mrs Bouquet

rowlandwells

Re: Greenhouse Update
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2020, 17:53 »
I would be very concerned about parting with any money up front because I've had my fingers burned in the past and learnt my lesson the hard way :mad: so now I'm reluctant to part with any monies  unless i really know the person i can trust and yes its all about trust I'm afraid where money is concerned anyway i hope things turn out ok for you let us know if he completes the work

MrsPea

Re: Greenhouse Update
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2020, 18:37 »
I think you should always do your homework on these workers now as everyone is out for what they can get
look in checker trade see what other people say about them, so far we've been very lucky in who we've had do any work. Don' t trust anyone apart from family
I Love my green house

xx
My Greenhouse - Update

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post November 30, 2020, 21:15
by jezza
xx
GG's AA update.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

16 Replies
Last post February 22, 2020, 14:30
by Goosegirl
xx
Car Insurance - Update

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post June 04, 2019, 19:41
by grinling
xx
Goosey's eye ops update.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

35 Replies
Last post January 07, 2019, 13:23
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 38 queries.