First timer with chicks

• 9 Replies

Poolfield2

First timer with chicks
« on: June 01, 2008, 18:34 »
Winnie did it! Despite a wobble early on she has hatched 4 and another is just starting!!!! Yipee. The fertile eggs I had were 4 gold laced barnevelders, 1 cuckoo Maran and 2 Hybrid and of course I've got muddled up as to which was which. So far 3 beautiful black chicks and one is black with creamy bits on the side of it's face.  :D  :D  :D

I'm not doing well with the how to post a piccy instructions and may have to wait til a more talented friend comes to visit.  :?  :?

Kate and her Ducks

First timer with chicks
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 18:39 »
Congratulations!!!

My ducklings have just hatched and like you I struggled with posting the pictures. There is some advice on the site about how to post (found it via the search bit). I still struggled but got some advice from Porffor on my ducklings thread (The Ducklings have landed!)

Congratulations again

Kate
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Jellyhead

First timer with chicks
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 18:40 »
Congratulations :wink: look forward to seeing the piccies :D Poultergeist should be along in a while, hes great helping with photos :wink:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!!

nettynoodles1

• Experienced Member
First timer with chicks
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 19:31 »
well done cant wait for the pics

richyrich7

• Paper Potter
    • My home business Egg box labels and more
First timer with chicks
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 20:04 »
Great  :D Poolfield2 !

if you want me too I can post the pics for you.  :wink:
He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.

ness

• Experienced Member
First timer with chicks
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 20:54 »
WELL DONE TO WINNIE!   If I remember rightly she'd accidently sat on the wrong nest for a bit - you were worried about the chance of any hatching. Well what a result! Brilliant news!  :D

Poolfield2

First timer with chicks
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 17:22 »
Yep you got the right girl, she sat in an empty nest box while eggs were in broody box for a couple of hours but we got away with it!

THE BRILLIANT NEWS IS WE NOW HAVE 7 CHICKS from 7 eggs and they are all gorgeous. My friend says don't name them until you know which are girls and staying but I accidently named one Bandit cos it's got a mask on, my neighbour called one Deckchair (shortened to DC) cos it's soooo stripy and another is at present known as Baldy. Is it ok that one has 2 matching bald patches either side of it's back? It seems fine and is tucking into chick crumb with great gusto. Do I need to knit a little jumper? :lol:

Pics still pending, I managed to register with Photobucket but can't seem to do the resizing bit. I'll have one more go tonight and then may well accept kind offer of help :oops:

mumsy

First timer with chicks
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 18:01 »
I resize before I download to photobucket............can't wait to see the little ones..................Good luck

Porffor

First timer with chicks
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 18:03 »
If you ask photobucket for codes, you get the option of 'thumbnails' that are tiny and you can click on them to see the bigger image. :) Much easier than having to resize. :)

Just highlight the pictures you have uploaded and want to post, then click 'get html code' or something - at the bottom of the page, and choose the 'thumnails' code - about 3 or 4 down. :)

Poolfield2

First timer with chicks
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 23:25 »
Sorry I haven't done pics yet but have only just stopped for the day, I am now armed with photos and will try the thumbnail thingy. Watch this space. :?

xx
New Serama and silkie chicks - first timer needs advice

Started by stokiechicks on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post July 11, 2011, 14:47
by daisy1990
xx
First timer

Started by Grampa on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post September 09, 2010, 19:00
by Grampa
xx
First timer

Started by OLLIE on The Hen House

13 Replies
Last post May 05, 2009, 16:38
by FRUITFULL
xx
Help for first timer

Started by rickyd on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 18, 2009, 12:25
by riversidemale

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 39 queries.