Washing machine instructions

• 7 Replies

jezza

Washing machine instructions
« on: November 17, 2020, 09:08 »
Hello does any one know where my mother can get a set of instructions for a nee hotpoint washing machine the ones that came are technical gobbledy gook that tell you to press this button that button but doesnt tell you were the buttons are to press ,didn't 4ealise that this new machine takes 3hours 20 minutes to do a wash ,that's not economical on power   jezza

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Washing machine instructions
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 10:25 »
Are there more complete instructions available on the Hotpoint website than what your mum has already?

My AEG machine is exactly the same regarding length of normal washes - apparently to pass EU tests on washing efficiency at low temperatures (40C or less) they need much longer washing cycles than older machines.
Also new machines are cold fill only - makes you wonder how 'eco' this all really is at the end of the day...  :unsure:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

lettice

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 14:46 »
what is the model number?

jezza

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 16:10 »
Hello it's a NSWM1043CWUKN  it's been on over 2 hours on a 45 minute cycle ,its mainly the washing powder amounts that's needed nothing is mentioned in the papers  jezza

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 16:35 »
No reason I can think of why she shouldn't use the same amount of powder as with her previous machine for the same type of wash (if in doubt, the washing powder box should have their recommendations printed on it.)

The reviews I've seen suggest the 45 minute cycle on that model works well, and still gets the clothes clean - certainly no mention of it taking much longer than that - could your mum have selected the wrong program?  :unsure:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 17:11 »
https://whirlpool-cdn.thron.com/static/EFQWWU_11364623EN.pdf_UWUPNC.pdf?xseo=&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22Daily-Reference-Guide.pdf%22
The cycle length times are about the same as mine m/c

The cycles do take longer if the incoming water is very cold. As for detergent use the amount advised on your detergent's label.

jezza

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 10:30 »
Hello we think we have worked out how it works,the on off button apparently doesnt turn the machine on  it only turns the hydraulic water retention pressure unit on to stop water flowing in before starting,theres another button that looks like the washer drum that starts it,and what the baby setting position does we dont  know   jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 12:57 »
My machine has a super quick wash setting.  It takes just 11 minutes at 30c plus  13 mins to spin at 1400.
I have never had anything but perfect results.  Obviously some things might need different settings, but I never use one that takes more than 45 mins even on hot temperatures. 
Glad you are sorted now Jezza.        -    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

xx
New washing machine

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post March 21, 2024, 16:29
by jaydig
xx
OMG! my new washer-dryer instructions.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post January 28, 2020, 12:05
by Goosegirl
xx
Tens Machine ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post March 05, 2020, 12:16
by mrs bouquet
xx
Washing Lines

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post October 18, 2023, 17:08
by wighty

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 51 queries.