• 14 Replies

agapanthus

a bargain??
« on: April 09, 2008, 20:46 »

waddecar

• Experienced Member
a bargain??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 20:55 »
Good size for the money, I like polycarbonate even though light levels are a bit lower. Looks as though there is not enough ventilation (with door closed) - would be worth including the louvre vent option.

agapanthus

a bargain??
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 20:59 »
I think you may be right there :)

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
a bargain??
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 22:37 »
That's a nice one Aggy, but would polycarbonate hold up to your winds up there?????

Gwiz

a bargain??
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 05:32 »
yep, great size for the money, but as grannie says, would it become a large kite?

agapanthus

a bargain??
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 21:00 »
Well, he who knows (or thinks he does) everything reckons it should be ok. :?  :?  :wink:

mfconway

a bargain??
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 22:39 »
good site looks like some good bargains to be found, I am looking for a shed! been adviced to get a small one 6x4 one problem no one will deliver of the internet because allotments don't have post codes. any solution to this?

jack russell

a bargain??
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 22:47 »
EH i dont get it

Mr FRUGAL himself should never part with that sort of money on something like that..  I am sure a polly tunnel using scaffy poles and gas pipe would werk out loads cheaper.  You must have won the lotto

mmmmmmmmm :?:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

agapanthus

a bargain??
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 23:42 »
Quote from: "jack russell"
EH i dont get it

Mr FRUGAL himself should never part with that sort of money on something like that..  I am sure a polly tunnel using scaffy poles and gas pipe would werk out loads cheaper.  You must have won the lotto

mmmmmmmmm :?:

He's still mr frugal....it's gonna be mine!!!! ;)

Trillium

a bargain??
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 22:56 »
Nice one, Aggy. To be sure it doesn't double as a kite, figure some way to bolt guy wires to each corner and pegged solidly into the ground (like with tents). Bet Mr Frugal could figure that one out easily -some rusty wire, a few great lumps of broken concrete  :lol:  :lol:

noshed

a bargain??
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 23:17 »
Give them the postcode of the nearest house to the entrance. (Only works if there is one of course)
Self-sufficient in rasberries and bindweed. Slug pellets can be handy.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
a bargain??
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 23:26 »
my dad had a smaller poly gh recently, until the high winds a couple of months ago, and when that happened all of his neighbours had bits of his gh too  :roll:

Looks like a good one, but they are very light and you'd need to make sure it was properly anchored into the ground (perhaps dig the base in as much as poss and lay a concrete floor on the inside) and also you need to protect against the frame twisting in a high wind otherwise those polycarb panels would just fly out.

IMHO glass is better because it's heavier.   Couldn't you get a gh frame and glaze it with acrylic windows?   the acrylic is more expensive than glass though but it would be heavier than the polycarb one, would let more light in and has the benefit of being unbreakable by local youfs and the wind  :D

Snap Dragon

• I want chickens... and ducks!
    • http://thedragonsden1.blogspot.com/
a bargain??
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 23:34 »
Quote from: "mfconway"
good site looks like some good bargains to be found, I am looking for a shed! been adviced to get a small one 6x4 one problem no one will deliver of the internet because allotments don't have post codes. any solution to this?

How far away do you live from your lottie?

I'm having a greenhouse delivered. They're coming to my house and then following me to the lottie which is about 5-10 mmins away.
Snappy 

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.

agapanthus

a bargain??
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 09:33 »
Quote from: "Trillium"
Nice one, Aggy. To be sure it doesn't double as a kite, figure some way to bolt guy wires to each corner and pegged solidly into the ground (like with tents). Bet Mr Frugal could figure that one out easily -some rusty wire, a few great lumps of broken concrete  :lol:  :lol:

Sounds a good idea Trill......will get it sorted when we come back from hols!!

agapanthus

a bargain??
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 09:36 »
Quote from: "SnooziSuzi"
my dad had a smaller poly gh recently, until the high winds a couple of months ago, and when that happened all of his neighbours had bits of his gh too  :roll:

Looks like a good one, but they are very light and you'd need to make sure it was properly anchored into the ground (perhaps dig the base in as much as poss and lay a concrete floor on the inside) and also you need to protect against the frame twisting in a high wind otherwise those polycarb panels would just fly out.

IMHO glass is better because it's heavier.   Couldn't you get a gh frame and glaze it with acrylic windows?   the acrylic is more expensive than glass though but it would be heavier than the polycarb one, would let more light in and has the benefit of being unbreakable by local youfs and the wind  :D

Glass certainly would have been better and probably twice the price too! Going to have to think carefully as to where we site it and perhaps put some kind of barrier up to dissipate the wind. :)

xx
Bargain

Started by Jamie Butterworth on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post July 02, 2010, 02:59
by Paul Plots
xx
What A bargain

Started by cissie on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post October 24, 2010, 16:24
by Gwiz
xx
Bargain Offers

Started by John on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post May 26, 2006, 18:34
by Gwiz
xx
Another Lidl bargain

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post April 23, 2009, 20:53
by Larkshall

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 39 queries.