Honda F200 Rotavator starts but hunts and stalls

• 1 Replies

Headbear

Honda F200 Rotavator starts but hunts and stalls
« on: April 22, 2020, 12:53 »
 Hi I have a Honda F200 rotavator. It started first time after winter in shed, we have cultivated half the allotment but then problems .....It starts but does not continue to run, gradually peters out. We drained the fuel and took the pipes and filters apart. Didnt take carb apart. Put back together and it started and ran. When got to allotment it started but then didnt continue to run. It then starts again but fades out.

Now it starts and runs for while with a bit of fiddling, its on full choke but I don't use the throttle or it dies. I managed to use it like this for a while, hunting and surging. When it died it started again but then did same hunting surging. After a rest it started again. When I put more petrol in it wouldn't start and the starter cord wouldn't pull or retract. 

Any suggestions what I can do please? many thanks in advance.

jezza

Re: Honda F200 Rotavator starts but hunts and stalls
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 17:36 »
Hello try taking the carb apart take the float out  the needle valve should drop out if nit becareful removing it it might have a rubber top on which can come off the tip  take fuel pipe off use an air line to blow the jet out reassemble and try starting after repairing the recoil starter it should have a cup on the flywheel which allows a starter cord with a knot on the end to be wound round  and used as a starter   jezza

wireless
Honda f200

Started by bart123 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post September 20, 2011, 13:22
by Vit
xx
Help my rotavator starts but then stops straight away!!

Started by maxine on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post January 30, 2012, 14:11
by stompy
xx
Honda rotavator parts

Started by Caz2436 on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post January 08, 2022, 11:45
by jezza
xx
Honda F400 rotavator -advice please

Started by strudelpoodle on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post November 02, 2011, 22:49
by Vit

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 35 queries.