strange behaviour

• 6 Replies

buttony22

strange behaviour
« on: July 29, 2011, 19:37 »
ok another question i had my girls pottering round the garden and Rosie was laying down minding her own business when violet crept up behind and jumped on her, now i was pretty sure that i had had an egg from violet, but could i b wrong and that chook was just looking after egg, or r hens a little like dogs and feel a need to assert their dominance every now and then................... i am pretty certain she laid the egg is she just confused she is the one who is bullied by daffodil.............. :unsure:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: strange behaviour
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 20:32 »
this is just a sign of dominance - perfectly normal
Staffies are softer than you think.

buttony22

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 21:04 »
thank you joyful, dont think she would pull same trick with daffodil  :lol:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 21:10 »
The bottom of our pecking order was Little Miss Sunshine, not any more she has turned the bullying round and is now second in the pecking order.   :wub:  Top of the pecking order was Ruby (Mother Hen) but she is now at the bottom as she only used to keep them in their place if they needed it.  It is hard to watch sometimes but as long as they are not vicious to each other I leave well alone.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

buttony22

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 22:07 »
because i have only had girls since monday watching the pecking order for me was quite upsetting until this morning when i heard rosie the guard dog hen rosey with all her might..............when i went to investigate i found all 3 girls together shouting happily at a neighbours cat so i dont think i have a problem its just the natural order of things but when push comes to shove they work as a team bless them  :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 22:09 »
 :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 06:35 »
i dont think i have a problem its just the natural order of things but when push comes to shove they work as a team bless them  :)

You got it in one Buttony  :)  and the minute the cat was out of the way and forgotten, they go back to pecking lumps out of one another trying to establish their position in the gang  ::)

It's always handy to have a can of purple spray round for minor wounds (see the poultry supply links in Poultry Pages), but most of the time its all noise  :D

xx
strange behaviour

Started by sussexchook on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 15, 2014, 16:44
by sussexchook
xx
Hen - strange behaviour

Started by Bess on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 14, 2010, 08:34
by mintymoos
question
Strange behaviour - Help please?

Started by warrenscott on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 01, 2013, 21:38
by ANHBUC
xx
strange behaviour

Started by noodledoo on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post June 11, 2007, 11:31
by eggs on legs

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 41 queries.