just lost fav hen

• 20 Replies

Foxy

Re: just lost fav hen
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 21:52 »
So sorry :( I had to do a 2 day old chick, my first. Took a large glass of something strong :(

sorry Kitkat, have another drink, know how you feel :( :(

AmandaH

• Experienced Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 07:06 »
Thinking of you - it's hard to lose any pet.  Amazing how they manage to get under your skin, isn't it?  I'm sure there's nothing I can say that will make you feel any better - only time will heal - but I am sure that everyone on here is thinking of you and sympathising.  

Well done with doing what had to be done as well - it was very brave and I know I would have just panicked and fussed and not actually done anything useful so good on you.

I would give her a nice burial in the garden and stuff the bureaucracy.

Foxy

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 09:19 »
well said Amanda!

I lost a very special pekin boy some time ago, so buried him in a stand of silver birches (favourite scratching area) with some large broken flagstones on top, now when I am there I dont cry, but smile at the lovely memories the little fella gave us all. :)

CattinJ

• Experienced Member
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 15:50 »
How lovely to get so much support from this web site - I'm sure it will have helped at such a difficult time...we too have one that seems a bit special and she's also our favourite so I read your email with slightly moist eyes I must admit!!  Well done for taking a really hard decison, I'm sure we will all have to broach this at some time.
Thinking of you...
Cattin

iowrooster

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 20:05 »
hey thanks again for all your replies. really does help.  Went to a poultry show today and saw her double!!! Cattinj , spoke to a friend today who had a goose that was little on the special side too, he said she was his favourite.  As for the deed itself, think that you know deep inside it has to be done, also remembering others experiences on here helps

grumpydad

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 20:54 »
sorry you had to do the deed on a favourite, i had to take mine to the vet, could not bring myself to do it, but realise how very hard it is to finally take the plunge and yes, they do get under your skin, even if it is " only a chicken ".
lost 2 favourites recently.

just look forward to replacing her.

martyn

xx
A sad lost

Started by em&hens on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post July 28, 2008, 13:16
by Jellyhead
xx
Probably lost the first hen :(

Started by DeadlyNightshade on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post June 03, 2008, 09:21
by Vember
xx
lost a hen, so mad with myself

Started by silverteen on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post November 10, 2012, 09:32
by CattinJ
xx
Just lost a hen - could it be to the cold?

Started by RobH on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post December 21, 2009, 23:48
by too many girls

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 35 queries.