What's that car called again?

• 14 Replies

Goosegirl

What's that car called again?
« on: February 12, 2018, 12:35 »
I sent a post re- the make of car that looks like it has been squashed from front to back and I can't find the post. Can anyone remember what it's called?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: What's that car called again?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 13:56 »
Your post list for this year shows none about a car, perhaps you forgot to click the post button?
can't help with the car though..

arh

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 15:58 »
It was the Smart Car, I think, or possibly the short Toyota, but I think that you were referring to a Smart Car.

arh

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 16:00 »
Towed behind a lot of big Motor-homes, :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 18:12 »
One of my local chums is over 6 ft tall, and is as slim as a rake and drives one of those squashed Toyotas, She has her driving seat about three ft behind the rear bumper, but I do like the huge hugs whenever we meet..;0)

Waitrose is never quite the same afterwards and I get home with all sorts of items which weren't on the list...

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 14:32 »
I'd best not ask what sort of items you came home with but I hope you put them to good use! It is the Smart car I was thinking about and did post on here but it must have disappeared into the ether somewhere. I was just thinking about a little car just for pootling around town when my cataracts have been seen to.

arh

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 15:33 »
Ideal car for that Goosey, you can "legally" back it onto the kerb to make it easy to get out, (it's, or used to be, the only car that can), actually there is more room in them than it looks, but don't go mad at the supermarket, :lol: :lol:. I have run around in one, but never actually owned one, I'm used to a truck, so am a bit nervous if I cannot see over the top of the car in front, but that's me, and my problem after 40odd years of looking over the top of about a dozen cars :D, made by Mercedes, (well, the company that makes them is owned by Mercedes), I think.

Goosegirl

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 13:58 »
It has a Mercedes Benz engine so it must be made by them or bits of it anyway. What was it like to be driven in one as in comfort, road handling, acceleration etc?

arh

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 15:39 »
If you were ever driven around in an "original" mini, that's roughly what it feels like, but you are a little higher off the road, (so to speak). you have to get used to being, (or so it seems), closer to the car in front than you are used to, (if in heavy traffic situations), but I found that I was giving a lot more space between me and the car in front than I was with the motor-home, not on purpose, but I couldn't "see" the bonnet, so allowed more space, but it was ideal in French towns and Supermarche's.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 15:46 »
we use a little Citreon C1 for our run around, it amazes me how little petrol it uses, great for parking (perhaps not as good as the the smart), cheap to run and you can put the seats down for added boot space.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Growster...

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2018, 07:09 »
Elder Daught has a Fiat 500, which turns on a sixpence. She just loves it, and narrow country lanes are a doddle too!

Little bit pricey new, but a good second hand one (like hers), may be an option!

For the record, Mrs Growster and I had one of the original Fiat 500s, and it was just a fantastic little car, nought to sixty in three weeks, and a floor made out of aluminium window sections. One cill was an upright from dad's old greenhouse! And you had to double-declutch to change gear as those little engines didn't have synchromesh...

Goosegirl

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 14:44 »
I always thought double-de-clutching meant what you did on a first date, i.e. the whole of your wardrobe was laid on the bed, certain items eliminated as per, then reduced to two ensembles; one of which you wore and the other concealed in a hanger-bag secreted by the restaurant manager behind his desk. On arriving to see your "chosen one" either smartly dressed in a suit or lolling on a chair wearing an old rugby top with matching jeans, you then decide to either don that black velvet dress with matching pearls or scarper PDQ!

Growster...

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2018, 07:44 »
Goosey, double de-clutching is the operation of saying goodnight to one's loved one, drawing apart, then getting back for another one...

Nothing about changing one's gear in a restaurant, or bringing one's knees up twice while the gear lever stays obstinately in the same place!

Our VW Golf is an auto these days, the traffic lights in Hawkhurst are on a hill, and the old clutch leg doesn't like the incessant hanging around for action, then some idiot decides to turn right, which makes it hurt even more.

Fabulous car! Quiet as a mouse and perfect for youngsters like Mrs Growster and me!

snowdrops

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2018, 07:47 »
Honestly you 2 what are you like😂😂😂
P.s love to read the repartee between you, would love to know how it goes if you ever meet up, laughter all round I’m sure
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2018, 13:28 »
You would hear the laughter when at home with triple-glazed windows! Sadly I don't think we'll ever meet but in a strange way that's kind of good because it's just what it is - a beautiful friendship with lots of fun and banter, he cheers me up no end when I need it and we can get away with not being murdered by the Mods - so far!

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 55 queries.