What chickens are these???

• 3 Replies

Carla

• Experienced Member
What chickens are these???
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:11 »
My nan has had some new neighbours move in and they're chicken keepers. I was having a nose over the fence at them and I've never seen chickens like them before. The new neigbours are from travelling decent..and have REALLY strong irish accents and I could barely understand a thing they were saying when I asked what they were. I caught that they are frome India and thet they are rare, but that was about it.
The cockerel is VERY tall, front half is shiny beetle black/green, straw coloured long fancy tail and straw coloured face, long thin legs and a tiny comb. The hen is similar, but whiter with black flecks, and also has a tiny comb.
I've been offered pick of the chicks that the hen is currently sat on (they asked my nan if I'd like them, she must speak fluent rapid Irish as she chats away with them?!) and I'd like a few ideas of what they could be, so I can google pics and see if they would be suitable. Thanks xx
Many pets, a bloke and 2 kids....help!!!

bantam novice

Re: What chickens are these???
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 11:41 »
If you could post some pictures that would help with ID.  They sound lovely though  :)
11 bantams (and counting!) 2 dogs 1 cat

Carla

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 13:51 »
This is the closest pic I can find on the net....dont fancy hanging over my nans fence taking pictures...they might think I'm a weirdo...no comments thank you very much :D
The chickens look similar to these, so I think you're right Tomshooter, they probably are cross breeds, and I wondered if they'd be fighting birds. Think I'll politely refuse their kind offer and find something that with treat my ex-batts nicely.
fowl.jpg

sneezer

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 06:47 »
I htink they are black-red modern game, according to my book they only lay about 90 small eggs in a good season! I prefer brown hens!! :)

xx
Do you eat your chickens?

Started by khelashi on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post August 21, 2012, 00:19
by khelashi
xx
What chickens do you have?

Started by boosmummy on Chicken Chat

25 Replies
Last post June 24, 2011, 11:14
by brick22
xx
Ain't nobody here but us chickens

Started by Helenaj on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post July 29, 2015, 07:46
by joyfull
xx
New chickens

Started by Springlands on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post February 28, 2012, 15:49
by Springlands

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 35 queries.