Pay as you go and Sim cards.

• 18 Replies

Christine

Re: Pay as you go and Sim cards.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2021, 18:26 »
When I moved here I consulted the search engine of my choice to look at coverage of the mobile (along with the experience of the outdoor rangers in the local national park). If I go the other side of Hadrian's Wall I need a different network. Mind - it does depend. Daughter a few miles up the road does badly with my network at home but does well with the one from the other side of Hadrian's Wall. Said wall is a very long way from both of us.  :lol:

perris

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2021, 06:50 »
I faced a similar issue a while back, being leaned on by the provider to shift to a monthly sub when I rarely use my very old (11 yrs and counting) but wholly reliable dumb mobile phone. Looking for an alternative provider, as I refuse for pay for a data bundle that I couldn't even use, I had real trouble understanding these companies' websites pages (the vocab they use means nothing to me) to find one that does an old school payg scheme, for text and talk rather than a computer in my pocket, so my daughter did some hunting and discovered Asda do one, which I duly switched to, and have been very happy with these past 2 years - good service coverage and very easy to top up as the stores are everywhere. I think I'm still running on the original £10, and if I should leave it on, the battery lasts about a fortnight  :lol:

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2021, 14:43 »
Perris, funny you should say that as I thought I'd ordered one from the Tesco site by following a link but it's actually Asda. I'm just waiting for an email to say I've successfully registered with their mobile site then I'll get the rest done. Only thing is I'm struggling to get my old SIM card out of the phone. It doesn't have a little pull-out tray so there must be a way to do it.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Welsh Merf

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2021, 08:59 »
I've always been with Vodafone. Can't find anybody cheaper, and with the same coverage. Very rarely do I not get a signal, and I travel from the Romney Marsh in the south of Kent to Snowdonia, North East/West England, and into Scotland.
I may be Welsh, but I love ewe anyway!

See my diary pages here

and add a comment here

xx
Fuel cards

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post February 08, 2022, 14:33
by snowdrops
xx
Twinkle on Christmas Cards

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 22, 2019, 10:31
by Goosegirl
xx
Debit cards and ATMs

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 12, 2018, 16:57
by MarkC
xx
5 things I hate about Christmas cards.

Started by JayG on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 20, 2018, 11:44
by wapello

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 39 queries.