Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?

• 115 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Re: Do you know anyone that has gotten the COVID jab yet?
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2021, 18:55 »
We've got friends in France we'd like to see and a winter holiday in the sunny Canaries would be smashing but not this year. Hopefully sometime but we've wonderful places to visit just around home until then.
Mark Drakeford has asked the people of Wales not to go abroad - even to green list countries. He's also made it clear he'll lockdown again and close the border to England if need be. He comes over like a headmaster with quiet authority. I think the journalists live in fear here of being made to write 200 times "I must not ask stupid questions that have already been covered in the briefing" :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2021, 09:15 »
I think the journalists live in fear here of being made to write 200 times "I must not ask stupid questions that have already been covered in the briefing" :)

I wish that was the rule for all of them  :lol:  I might even be able to start watching the news again  ::)

As for travel restrictions,  I am afraid they have always been open to abuse, if you are prepared to lie and cheat.   We had someone at work last year come back from a red country via a green one.   They got stopped by border patrol here in the UK who were speaking to  everyone on the flight.  Maybe they pegged it as a connecting one likely to containing rule dodgers.  Anyway a few stern questions got the truth out of them and they were told in no uncertain terms they had to isolate. 

The vast majority of people have done their best to act responsibly throughout all of this and have been incredibly tolerant of huge amounts of government interference in our daily lives.  It only takes a few idiots though ...  It is pure selfishness, but then humans are quite good at that at times. 

lettice

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2021, 10:09 »
Just had my text to book my second vaccination, three weeks early.
So booked in for next week.
As was mentioned yesterday with the 8 weeks now rather than 12 weeks gap change.
That will be a 9 week gap for me.

Eblana

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2021, 20:59 »
Got my first Pfizer jab today, second one in 21 - 28 days time.

Growster...

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2021, 07:06 »
[John: I think the journalists live in fear here of being made to write 200 times "I must not ask stupid questions that have already been covered in the briefing" :)]

I wish that was the rule for all of them  :lol:  I might even be able to start watching the news again  ::)

Well said, News!

Mind you, the last 'news' (not you Dear), we listened to was important, but now the Duke's been and gone, we needn't bother for ages!

I do like, however, seeing chums in the village, and not having to answer "yes, we have had the ****** ******* jabs"!

edit to clarify quote
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 08:43 by mumofstig »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2021, 09:24 »
Here in Wales over 60% of the 30-39 group have had their vaccination and over 40% of the 18-29 group. The rest of the adults are in the 80% + range. So the question may be better posed as 'do you know anyone who hasn't had their jab?'

mrs bouquet

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2021, 14:55 »
Students at Bournemouth have all been offered to queue for a jab.   So many turned out, which was wonderful.  Except after a few were done the rest were turned away.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2021, 09:00 »
Got my letter yesterday for appointment next Thursday for my 2nd one 😊, I don’t think there’s ever been such delight in getting jabbed, maybe only beaten by when they started with tetanus,polio & diphtheria, that must have be revolutionary
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2021, 09:42 »
I don’t think there’s ever been such delight in getting jabbed, maybe only beaten by when they started with tetanus,polio & diphtheria, that must have be revolutionary
The TB one made all the difference where I used to live in East London. We had a big TB hospital, where you could see people in beds on the tiers of outside balconies. Within a few years of people being vaccinated it was closed  :)

al78

« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2021, 22:27 »
Had my first one midday today. Having to drive to Sandown Park (26 miles) was a pain but once there it was very well organised, from the parking to being guided through. Normally I am nervous when about to be jabbed because needles frequently hurt far more than they should (the worst felt like I'd been stabbed). The lady jabbing me seemed to know what she was doing, it was one of the least painful jabs I'd ever had, just felt like a little scratch. Felt fatigue and had a hot flush shortly after but it eased after 10 minutes.

GraciesGran

« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2021, 06:55 »
Long discussion with 11 year old granddaughter over jabs for kids. 

She has insisted on wearing a mask since the start because  'the more people that do the sooner she can have as many hugs as she wants'.  She thinks everyone should have a jab before they start secondary school which means this summer/autumn for her.  Her plan is for the first one to be done before the end of the summer term and the second on the first day of the autumn term.  In her mind it makes perfect sense.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2021, 07:57 »
Long discussion with 11 year old granddaughter over jabs for kids. 

She has insisted on wearing a mask since the start because  'the more people that do the sooner she can have as many hugs as she wants'.  She thinks everyone should have a jab before they start secondary school which means this summer/autumn for her.  Her plan is for the first one to be done before the end of the summer term and the second on the first day of the autumn term.  In her mind it makes perfect sense.
She sounds like a very sensible child to me. From what we know of the virus, the 12 to 18 group would be sitting there as a reservoir unless they too are protected.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: May 26, 2021, 23:33 »
Unfortunately in Georgia we only have about 30% fully vaccinated  :dry:
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2021, 10:02 »
That is disgraceful for a country like the USA with no vaccine supply problem.

Growster...

« Reply #104 on: May 28, 2021, 07:50 »
That is disgraceful for a country like the USA with no vaccine supply problem.

Now that 'variants' have become a political football, the issue is not helped over here, so I suppose it'll be much worse in larger countries.

Nobody seems to consider that such 'variants' might be an easier, less unpleasant virus. I'm just glad we haven't had flu this year, because that really does hurt! If they add a covid jab to the normal Autumn list, I'll be first in the queue (actually Mrs Growster will, but that's chivalry for you)!

xx
Have you had Covid

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

63 Replies
Last post July 24, 2022, 23:20
by John
xx
Covid booster

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

75 Replies
Last post February 16, 2022, 16:55
by MrsPea
xx
Covid lockdown

Started by seashell on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post September 16, 2020, 11:42
by New shoot
xx
Covid test

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post November 29, 2020, 16:38
by New shoot

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 52 queries.