Flubenvet Pellets?

• 21 Replies

neenyneen

Flubenvet Pellets?
« on: July 04, 2011, 14:39 »
Hello

do you have to have a prescription for Flubenvet? i have just called my local feed supplier and they have advised that i do?  :wacko: Im sure i have been on sites that sell the flubenvet 1% with no prescription. Is it different for the pellets?

Thanking you in advance

Janina
love my chickens me! :-)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Flubenvet Pellets?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 14:47 »
no you don't and marrages make a pellet with it in  :)
Staffies are softer than you think.

neenyneen

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 14:50 »
no you don't and marrages make a pellet with it in  :)

Thanks Joyfull! I thought as much! Ive just been on the marriages website and found that they sell a 10kg bag too, perfect for my three ladies!  :D

Dominic

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 16:39 »
You dont need a prescription, the seller does have some verbage you have to pretend to listen to though.
We use chemicals in this garden, just as god intended

neenyneen

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 16:54 »
You dont need a prescription, the seller does have some verbage you have to pretend to listen to though.

do you by from Marriages too? You are near me, where do you get yours from if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks

Janina

Dominic

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 18:42 »
I got mine from Happy Chicks near poulton le flyde, its where I got everything from.

Never heard of Marrages, link? 

just finished my first 25kg bag, but only have one reserve, so could do with another order.

jobson336

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 23:07 »
hi,
im in preston and i get mine from Sarah at Happy Chicks as well, about £12 something for a bag but well worth it and much easier than the powder  :D

Sarah will help you with any advice, she does deliver and sometimes it works out cheaper by the time you add your petrol and time into it but i like to have a drive up and have a look around. You never you might come back with another chicken or two!
 8)

dennis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 07:15 »
jobson thats the problem i normally do i've gone from 6 to 14 1n 12months  :)

gracie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 07:36 »
Never heard of pellets. How are they used, I have free rangers that are almost 4 months old I was intending to worm at 6 months. Do they have the pellets all the time, mine don't get through that many pellets so I would only need a small amount if I only had to use it for a week.

neenyneen

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 12:15 »
I got mine from Happy Chicks near poulton le flyde, its where I got everything from.

Never heard of Marrages, link? 

just finished my first 25kg bag, but only have one reserve, so could do with another order.

www.marriagefeeds.co.uk - i think you have to ring them to buy from them, but they supply to lots of stockists, but unfortunatley none near us! I will have a ride to Happychicks at the weekend, thats where i got my chooks from! one of my neighbors has chickens too, so will see if she wants to split the bag with me.  ::)

hi,
im in preston and i get mine from Sarah at Happy Chicks as well, about £12 something for a bag but well worth it and much easier than the powder  :D

Sarah will help you with any advice, she does deliver and sometimes it works out cheaper by the time you add your petrol and time into it but i like to have a drive up and have a look around. You never you might come back with another chicken or two!
 8)

i am planning to get another two, but made the mistake of buying a silly ebay wooden house that looked much bigger on the picture  >:(, so we are saving for a cube that hopefully we can get before Christmas, or the OH says if he has time he will build me a slightly larger one. it would be soooo tempting to pick another 2 up this weekend though wouldn't it!!  :D

dennis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 17:16 »
gracie just feed as normal its just a layers pellet with flubenvet in it

jobson336

• Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 18:32 »
chicken fever! I went from 4 - 8 then from 8-50!!! If i had the space i would probably have more.

if feeding the pellets then ideally for that week you need to stop them free ranginging as their only food sauce should be the pellets to get the right amount of medication.
Its not always easy to keep them from wandering off and i know mine would go mad if stuck in the cabin for the week!  :wacko:

neenyneen

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 10:22 »
just one more thing about flubenvet pellets - i have read that flubenvet is unusable after 8 weeks - or is this just if you DIY with the powder? Just don't want to be buying a 25kg bag then have to bin lots of it cos its not useable anymore??? :wacko:

kegs

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 11:30 »
just one more thing about flubenvet pellets - i have read that flubenvet is unusable after 8 weeks - or is this just if you DIY with the powder? Just don't want to be buying a 25kg bag then have to bin lots of it cos its not useable anymore??? :wacko:

Marriages make a 10kg bag if that's any help.

dennis

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 18:14 »
neenvneen it will have a date on the bag when you buy it i got some with a 4 month date on it

xx
flubenvet pellets

Started by andy46 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 25, 2012, 12:30
by Jomtie
xx
pellets with flubenvet

Started by jennie hennie on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post April 14, 2013, 12:48
by jennie hennie
xx
flubenvet in pellets

Started by ma baker on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post July 14, 2010, 10:10
by Marc
xx
Pellets with added flubenvet.....

Started by Goldfinger on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post April 13, 2013, 08:18
by Sassy

Page created in 0.216 seconds with 39 queries.