Layers pellets with Flubenvet

• 11 Replies

Helenaj

Layers pellets with Flubenvet
« on: November 26, 2010, 13:10 »
Has anybody used the layers pellets already impregnated with Flubenvet wormer and is it any good? I want to worm mine now and don't know which to use. I know that using the pellets would be much easier, and at £12.75 for a sack, enough to dose 20 hens, it's much cheaper too. Has anyone used these yet?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: Layers pellets with Flubenvet
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 13:14 »
would your hens get through the sack in 7 days? What would you do with the laft over pellets?
Staffies are softer than you think.

8doubles

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 13:28 »
It would be handy to buy 'loose' by the kilo. :)

mrs.ploppy

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 15:39 »
You could share with another chicken keeper and cut the costs!
mrs.ploppy

Helenaj

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 17:05 »
I have 31 hens so will need a sack and a half as according to the info, 1 sack will feed 20 hens for a week. I can give the other half to my neighbour who also has hens. It seems so much the easier option, but since it is so new I was wondering how effective it is.

Goldfinger

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 18:09 »

Can I ask where you've seen these type of pellets?? And what dosage are they equivilent to, the 1% strength or the 2.5%??

Helenaj

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 16:38 »
Marriages supply them as do Heygate. My local Poultry dealer (AJR Poultry) stocks both and I think it is the 2.5% dose for both brands (20 KG sack). They also supply it loose in 2Kg bags. One sack will fully dose 20 hens for 7 days.
I haven't really had a good look at them yet, I was just wondering if it is worth buying that or the powder. The pellets would certainly make my life so much easier.

Goldfinger

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 17:07 »

I'll have to get asking around here, we don't have your mentioned suppliers up here.  ;)

orchardlady

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 17:39 »
I recently looked in the Marriages Flubenvet dosed layers and decided that it was going to be way too expensive for me to do it that way. So I bought the 2.5% stuff and that is going to last me many many courses of dosed layers pellets. Considering a bag of layers are about £8 -£9 it's much more economical to make up your own if you have lots of birds (I have around 40) It's very easy to mix in although quite a heavy task if you are doing a whole 20kg sack, well it is for me being a short person and heading for the wrong side of 45! You just need to weigh the right amount and mix that into some cod liver oil and then mix that into a small amount of layers and then that into a larger amount and so on until it is the whole sack is mixed in or measured amount. You can mix up as much or as little as you like it's very simple and I'll happily let you know the quantities although I think it is all in the sticki about worming. Also bear in mind that your birds are going to eat the  layers their exclusive food for the next seven days, so no corn or treats and it's quite amazing how much they  can consume especially during this very cold period we are experiencing at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 17:42 by joyfull »

Chookiechook

• riverside quails
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 22:55 »
Where did you manage to get the 2.5% stuff from...... I can only get 1% and that is only in a 60g pot...... not an economical way to do my amount of chookies :)
I love Pekins, Polands and Seramas :) and eggs!!!

orchardlady

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 12:03 »
I know it was on line. I'll try to dig out the info but in the mean time just do a Google search. It is quite expensive at around £27 but it will last you for ever and you won't be tempted to skimp on the proper dosage.

orchardlady

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 21:24 »
There you go. I bought it in October of this year for £21.21 and it's use by date is May 2014 so even though I may never use it all by the time it expires it's still worth the money. I also bought myself a tiny little set of digital scales from e bay it makes measuring out much easier.

http://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/site.aspx?i=ca0&s=flubenvet#prodlist

xx
Flubenvet how to administer with layers pellets?

Started by chuckmum on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post May 28, 2010, 19:52
by dizzylizzie
xx
layers with flubenvet in?

Started by jobson336 on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post January 08, 2011, 12:12
by Aidy
xx
Flubenvet Pellets?

Started by neenyneen on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post July 08, 2011, 18:59
by emmaellis
xx
flubenvet pellets

Started by andy46 on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post August 25, 2012, 12:30
by Jomtie

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 40 queries.