Alternative therapies ?

• 23 Replies

Goosegirl

Re: Alternative therapies ?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 12:05 »
The estate agent chap we're dealing with was off yesterday so I left a message with his secretary saying very calmly that I wasn't happy with the way things are proceeding. All is now done and sorted with our up-dated house brochure. If you want the link to see it on-line please let me know. (Mods, please note that this is just meant as a bit of fun).

As for alternative therapies, our lovely great-niece Louisa came the other day while her mum was milking. When asked what she wanted to do she said "Colouring" which meant I got her book and crayoning pens we bought her and it kept her quite happy until she wanted to watch the Lion King DVD. (OMG, not again!) She sat there quite content then OH brought her tea. While she was stuffing it down I decided (with her permission of course) to colour in a page of her book for myself. I can't tell you how calming and relaxing it was and even she was impressed with what I'd done!
Mr G. You have some colouring pencils so get them out of the box and try doing it.
 MB. Before you get some Bowen's treatment started, buy a child's colouring book and crayons so you can colour in whatever planet you're on in whatever colour you like. I made the astronaut on my page look a bit like Boris Johnson - ha! 
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2019, 17:11 »
Colouring seems to have taken over from tapestry.

We were given some colouring books  a couple of years ago, but the pics were so garish, we makde an excuse and left!

My alternative therapies at the moment are cryptic crosswords (like you, GG, I try to remember a clue and tease it for ages if I can't sleep), and also trying to find the magic chord on the Ipad's app 'Music Studio'.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 17:12 by Growster... »

Goosegirl

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 13:29 »
Growster, is this the link you wanted? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_chord

Anyway here's my bit of therapy for you both because I once tuned my little radio to Classic FM and suddenly heard the Skylark Ascending by Ralph Vaughan Williams quietly wafting over my veg garden. It just can't get better than that!

MY GARDEN
I have a place where I can go
Through Lad’s Love, lavender and thyme
Where the delphiniums and the columbine
Watch daisies dance in perfect time
As the foxgloves bow low.

I have a place where I can rest.
My worries gone in the soft night’s air.
The dewy grass. The loping hare.
All the evening scents are there.
They help me to my rest.

I have a place where I can find
No place for pity’s thoughts to hitch a ride.
The blowsy rose’s perfume is my guide.
I’m encircled by its pride
That always stills my mind.

I have a place where I can sit
And stroke the softest, softest fur
On whiskered face. A lazy, lazy purr.
Tail across my knee. A stretch. A stir.
“And is it time for tea? Is it?”

mrs bouquet

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 18:41 »
Aw, that's lovely and thanks for taking the time to put it on our site.  :)  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 06:53 »
She's a pretty good wordsmithette, isn't she, Mrs B!

I'm hopeless at poetry, although I do remember writing a two-page poem after being dumped by a girlfriend back in 1967...

It was based on those long songs Bob Dylan did back then, and 'Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands' was (and still is) a favourite, as it took up a whole side of an LP!

https://youtu.be/0c1NJPCN6nA

Luckily, my effort hasn't survived...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 10:58 »
Growster,  You must have been very sad :( :( to write such a long poem.    As for colouring, I have been doing it for a few years now, especially in the winter-time.   I have adult colouring books,  but last year I did a funky monkey, and entered it in the Garden Show, "Any other Hobby".    It one first.  Colouring is so relaxing.

Estate Agents, not so relaxing.    One rung me yesterday, and was talking about how they all say they are cash buyers.  She said we feel like asking them have they got a suitcase full of money.   Invariably it is not a cash purchase.   That's why we say "All Buyers are Liars).    Isn't it encouraging  ::) ::)  I have got to the stage now where it has been empty so long (next door to me) that I really don't want neighbours anymore.   :D  Mrs Bouquet

jezza

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 22:44 »
Hello I have 2 alternative therapys one for back pain is inversion therapy it soon relieves back pain the other is for stress,a nice paddock with long grass and a strimmer after 5 minutes all stress is gone and grass is mowing nicely  jezza

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2019, 07:44 »
Acupuncture is becoming much more common in westernised medicine now. Both my sister and brother were recommended it by their Drs after car accidents (one for whiplash and one for lower back problems). Like most things you need a block of 6 weeks to make it efficient.

Years ago I went through a spell of having the most painful backs of shoulders/neck to the point I could barely hold my own head up. Deep tissue massage and acupressure fixed it.

Generally I am all for ‘standard’ medicine. However I will also consider alternative therapies. Some of them are alternative because they haven’t had the research to prove they are effective. Research costs money and who is going to fund it? Certainly not the big pharmacy companies who normally fund research as they won’t get any money back from it....

I think if it isn’t going to harm you - go in with an open mind and try it. If it works, great (even if it is a placebo effect I don’t care - as the ailment is fixed haha). If it doesn’t work then nor harm done.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2019, 10:21 »
Just got home yesterday from my back therapy.   Under anaesthetic 6 injections into each vertebrae (spelling not good today must be the drugs  :( )   I was told there would be no improvement for about 2 weeks. Then hopefully it may work, along with physio.    If it doesn't, the next stage will be more needles into the spine. The procedure is called Radio Frequency Denervation, which means heat produced by radio waves destroys selective nerve fibres.
But the Hospital and attention I received was fantastic,  It was a private hospital, so now I really do know how the other half live.   :)  Thank you all for your replies, they are all stored away in my mental filing cabinet.   Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 48 queries.