smite.

• 5 Replies

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
smite.
« on: July 01, 2010, 17:33 »
has anyone used it or had experience with it?
1 dog -Chloe 1 cat - Oscar 2 hamsters - Flo and Tinkerbell 3 ferrets - Charlie, chip and rupert 3 light sussex - Madge, Henrietta and lucy-lou 2 black rocks - Peggy and Betty 1 puppy on the way i'm not mad i'm in love. :)

Dave Angel

Re: smite.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 09:39 »
Hi, I have 3 hens and a coop suitable for 3/4 birds, when I got my first chickens a while back the woman I bought them off suggested smite.  I bought a concentrated bottle (1 litre I think) with a dispenser pump.  One pump or dose of the smite is diluted in 500ml of water.  This stuff can be used as a cleaner/deodoriser/mite killer.

I think its great stuff and use it as part of my weekly clean.  After I have swept out the coop I spray the coop with diluted smite and use it as a cleaner/wash.  When I have re-assembled the coop I then spray everything again and use it as mite control.

I am pleased to say that I have loads of this stuff left and I have never had any problems with mites etc.  I reckon that the bottle of concentrate will last about 12 months.  I think I paid about £10 for the bottle - so it works out to be less than £1 a month.

Jeanette

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 13:03 »
I know i am a bit thick but what is smite ? and what is it used for ? and where do i get it from ? I have never heard of it before. :unsure:

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 14:10 »
its like poultry shield for protectin against mite and fleas and creepy crawlies. Its a new product i think i got it from my local pet shop i got the powder form and it was £7 for quite a lot. Im going to treat the coop to try and protect against red mite. Hopefully it works. It can be used on cats and dogs and other animals two. Which is handy. U can also put some in the dust baths so when they have one it treats them too saves you a job.

grumpydad

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 20:50 »
where you can, try to avoid too much dust in a coop, the chucks have to breathe it in, if possible try to use a liquid that will do its thing and evaporate.
if you use anything powder or dust in the coop, please make sure it is cleaned out, lots of bacteria can live on the dust in a coop, and they can cause respititory problems.

k4t1e195

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 22:47 »
i thought about tht. You dilute the powder in water then spray on the coop.

xx
Getting the Smite powder on the girls

Started by rosegarden on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post January 07, 2014, 16:51
by ehs284

Page created in 0.239 seconds with 39 queries.