Pigeon spikes in Stainless Steel

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Pigeon spikes in Stainless Steel
« on: April 14, 2020, 14:46 »
I cannot walk across my patio anymore, it is so filthy with pigeon and sometimes a rooks droppings.   Now much worse as neighbours have put bird feeder nearby  :mad: :mad:
It is home to my grape vine.   But the time has come.    The cross beams are 2 inches, and I have done my best to measure it all including the support from side to side and the beams from the front back to the house, and reckon I need  32 metres.   I have spoken to two different suppliers, one says 2 spikes is ok and I glue it on.
The other says I will have to screw as the rooks will pull it off.
So now I am totally confused and don't no which way to jump.     I have previously had plastic ones along the fence but they keep snapping off now, going brittle I guess.    Any advice will be most welcome, thanks, Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Elaine G

Re: Pigeon spikes in Stainless Steel
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 11:03 »
I'm watching this too Mrs B as I am trying to work out how to stop the pigeons nibbling my honeysuckle!!

Elaine
The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet - James Oppenheim

jezza

Re: Pigeon spikes in Stainless Steel
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 14:36 »
Hello if you can get some 1×11/2 inch roof lathe and some 3inch nails it's easy to make deterrents knock the nails in at 2 inch spacing diagonally from each side making a X   it's also a good thief deterrent (but illegal to use for this purpose)  jezza

xx
How to connect 4 steel tube together

Started by Rangerkris on Design and Construction

2 Replies
Last post March 12, 2011, 11:50
by Rangerkris
xx
Steel Rod Plant Supports

Started by Shieldsy on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post June 18, 2011, 11:47
by arugula

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 39 queries.