New additions

• 7 Replies

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
New additions
« on: September 12, 2010, 17:33 »
Well went to the Gaggle of Geese auction today, was definatly a buyers market today, i sold a pair of Lavender Arry's for £2-00 OMG i didn't stick a reserve on them, silly me!!!!
on the up side i came away with a beautiful Trio of Blue Orps for £12 so was very happy, we also took 2 friends with us today who love coming to visit us, to see all our birds etc, and they have now got the bug and walked away with a trio of pekin bantys for a quid, that was definalty the bargin of the day! We are now home, cleaned all the chooks out and are feeling very weary as it has been a good but long day for us all.
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: New additions
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 18:51 »
Blue orps - lovely.  I've only been to a poultry auction once and came back with 4 birds.  Oh justs says NO when I mention going again  :lol:

Bantymad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 20:45 »
I went to Gaggle of geese today as well nails, had avery good day, managed to get 4 white silky pullets, 4 bantam aruacana pullets. And had a great hog roast. Put girls into quarentine block when i got home and left them to settle, had to lift them into shed at bedtime though. Some real nice nice bird there today.

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 22:07 »
I was thinking of going to Chelford auctions but have been told that I cant buy just  1 or 2 birds that they are only sold in large amounts, Is that right?

Nails

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 22:07 »
es bantymad there was and there was some bargins to be had, didn't make as much as i would have hoped but all part and parcel of it, and like you we had a great day there always do!

Nails

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 22:10 »
Don't know Hayleyshens, the auctions i go to tend to sell either singles, pairs or trio's never brought any more than that in one lot. i sold 9 birds today and came home with 8!!!! oops

Bantymad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2010, 15:13 »
Hayley, i have only been to charity auction twice and both times there has been all sorts of lots, a "lot" is whatever is in the crate, ie trio of , pair of, or single, last year i got a couple of single pullets but mostly there seem to 2 3 4 maybe sold as one lot.

Bantymad

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 15:19 »
Nails, i was very pleased with the prices i paid, but as a seller i would at least hope to cover costs, but for the amounts paid i doubt many sellers did. But all in a good cause for the charitys.

xx
Our new additions

Started by Carolf on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post January 11, 2012, 13:13
by Charlie's Chickens
xx
New additions

Started by Hayleynotts on Chicken Chat

10 Replies
Last post August 20, 2014, 17:16
by Hayleynotts

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 34 queries.