Just walked for 2 hours !!!! ....

• 11 Replies

mrs bouquet

Just walked for 2 hours !!!! ....
« on: January 30, 2021, 14:13 »
From the safety of my kitchen.     A few days ago, I signed on to Virtual Tours.    This is all over the World, and is people who would normal do guided tours around their cities.
Yesterday, I went to Lima and today I have been to Split on a tour around the very very old Roman City built there.     The guides are very knowledgeable, as it is their normal job.    It is free to belong and free to go on any tour, but like any tour you can leave a tip at the end if you wish.     Lima had 819 guest doing the walk, and Split had 588. 
There are some lovely tours for St. Valentines Day, but they are filling up fast.      I have got a couple more booked,   Edinburgh - The good the bad and the ugly  and 23rd February, "Hidden Secrets of Venice"
and 19th February  "A tour of Greenwich Village,  NY"
Have a look, there maybe something that appeals to you somewhere in the World.     Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

Re: Just walked for 2 hours !!!! ....
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 14:46 »
Hello when they say free why dont these companies say we dont actually mean free the site I looked at was free but to join a tour was £25.00, it said choose your tour then went to a payment window    jezza

mrs bouquet

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 15:00 »
I suspect you may mean Ev...b....     They will charge you.   Virtual Tours is completely free.    You only leave a tip at the end if you want to.   It suggests amounts, but there is a box to pay what you want,  if you want to.
Mrs B

jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 16:42 »
Hello cant find Virtual Tours online it says website not available can find global tours,com they're the ones charging     jezza

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 09:23 »
Oooh, Mrs B!   I saw the caption for your post and was really impressed that you had been out for a two hour walk.   Even better that you did it from the comfort of your own home.  What a lovely idea and it also means that if somewhere looks really interesting you can visit for real once this crisis is over.
Enjoy your wandering.

al78

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 10:57 »
This looks like a good option for those who will never be able to visit these places in their lives. I have occasionally done virtual hiking/hill walking on Google Earth. Just go to a place of interest, got to ground level view and use the arrow keys to navigate. Hikes that would take hours in reality can be done in minutes.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 15:17 »
Hello cant find Virtual Tours online it says website not available can find global tours,com they're the ones charging     jezza
Have another try        Virtual Tours         they are there on Google.  I have just come back from Edinburgh  :D

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 15:34 »
If I put 'virtual tours' into Google it gives me a page of different web addresses
goodhousekeeping.
forbes,
theguardian.
travel&leisure,
lonelyplanet
etc.
There doesn't seem to be an actual site called 'virtual tours' Can you copy and paste the https address for the site you are using please.

MrsPea

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 17:42 »
Thanks Mrs Pea, but I fancied 'going abroad' for a change  :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 18:08 »
I am soooo sorry, please don't send me to the naughty step.

I have told so many people I am going on virtual tours,  it is in the brain.    They are actually called

virtual trips                  Please let me know that you are successful and find them, and accept my apologies again.          :blush: :blush:   Mrs B

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 19:56 »
https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/g32005735/virtual-tours-uk-landmarks/

Can't understand why they have not come to our rich historical town??? Even Mrs B was going to come!
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

xx
Working hours

Started by angelfruit on Chatting on the Plot

4 Replies
Last post May 17, 2023, 18:34
by Yorkie
xx
Primark opening hours

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post November 30, 2020, 09:51
by New shoot
xx
What a difference 3 hours makes

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2023, 09:59
by Debz
xx
Wales is Closed for a couple of hours

Started by John on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post October 29, 2019, 17:16
by 8doubles

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 41 queries.