Water filled plastic milk containers as heat source for P/T

• 3 Replies

ambodach

I visited an "very-green" couple some years back who were very proud of their P/T from recycled materials - I had to enquire why all the milk containers and was told they were filled with water and this was heat recovery for night-time.

Is this effective?   I'm in the process of building a 24ft long  tunnel and my maths is suggesting that if I have 48ft 's worth of bottles they would be storing 9 kWh of heat at 20 deg C.  As there is so many variables in the equations for this, what is the empirical experience of anyone who has tried this ?

Thanks
Rob

cadalot

I use milk bottles full of sand as soft bricks and they go brittle very quickly, so having them in direct sunlight in a greenhouse they are going to degrade even faster - Good thing is with the amount of milk we drink I have a continuous supply.

Dave NE

• Experienced Member
Have a look at (death of the rocket stove) youtube, it might help, cheers Dave
Today i will be mainly wearing no trousers

JayG

• Global Moderator
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 39 queries.