Just had me jab.

• 16 Replies

Goosegirl

Just had me jab.
« on: February 06, 2021, 15:17 »
Actually went outside the front gate  ::) to go to our local Uni for my Covid jab.  Don't know which I was more excited about! Very well organised and all the staff were cheerful, even those who were stood outside in the rain guiding people to the right place. God love them all!  :) :) :) :) :)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Just had me jab.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 15:48 »
Welcome to the Jab club.

Get ya tin hat on  :lol:
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

bobbyt

• Experienced Member
  • Still Learning !
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 16:25 »
Actually went outside the front gate  ::) to go to our local Uni for my Covid jab.  Don't know which I was more excited about! Very well organised and all the staff were cheerful, even those who were stood outside in the rain guiding people to the right place. God love them all!  :) :) :) :) :)

Yay ! Had ours too on 5 Feb - Mass Vaccination Centre, well organised, like you said  :D

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 15:01 »
I agree with all your saying goosegirl i had my jab Monday and my wife today very well organised very friendly staff the vac centre easy to drive to plenty of parking god bless um all  there doing a fabulous job :D

Growster...

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 17:10 »
When we had ours some days ago, we had to choose between freezing cold short-sleeved shirts, or stripping off there...

The Growster Aussie rugby shirt (2003), came out as the favourite, as the sleeves are so big, I can climb out of either side, easily!

Suppose that's why they lost the Rugby World Cup to Jonny Wilkinson and co...

GraciesGran

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 14:23 »
Just joined this elite club.  Like to think there is light at the end of this very long tunnel.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 20:10 »
I had mine about three weeks ago.  It was Oxford A/V.    Now I am worried because it doesn't seem to be as resiliant to some of the mutants.  Perhaps, I just worry too much, can I have a jab for that  :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jezza

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 19:34 »
Hello taking my mother for her injection tomorrow morning,hearing from some folk that they havent sat  15 minutes after,my mother has to wait after hers,I cant get one till about May  only just had my pneumonia injection last Friday so have to wait 6  to 9 weeks   jezza

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 19:41 »
It depends which vaccine you get, whether you have to wait 15mins or not. It's recommended for the Pfizer but not thought necessary for the AZ one.

Growster...

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 11:40 »
The other night, we were watching an episode of 'The Darling Buds of May' (which was filmed not far from here, in Pluckley - I often saw the cameras and kit on my way to work), and there was a scene where the family are queueing up at the village hall for the big vaccination programme we had in the nineteen-fifties!

Apart from the story line, the attention, kindness, and concern by a whole set of doctors and nurses was amazing, with each patient being ushered into a cubicle, curtained off etc, and lots of typical hard work which I can easily remember from back then, when I was vaccinated aginst polio...

The same went for diphtheria, and smallpox came later, when we all compared those little rings of dots...

jezza

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2021, 15:31 »
Hello took my mother yesterday only six people there when I parked up by time we had walked across and got to door  and i had walked back to my van there was 75 people there , it was Astro Zeneca one so no waiting after,   jezza

jezza

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 13:10 »
Hello I've just had my vaccination got a call Friday could I be there Tuwsday I got the Pfizer one so had to sit,it was a nice waiting room ,,,I see Worzel was on telly today pretending to be the Prime Ninister   jezza

bobbyt

• Experienced Member
  • Still Learning !
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 16:28 »
Just got a text to say my second Pfizer jab is on 14 March, only 5 weeks between, suitably impressed !

Growster...

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 18:09 »
Just got a text to say my second Pfizer jab is on 14 March, only 5 weeks between, suitably impressed !

That's excellent news, Bobby!

UK inc. really has led the world in getting a decent vaccination programme going, and I feel mighty proud of our gals and guys out there!

They're doing 700 a day at Headcorn Aerodrome, and the one thing we all giggle about is the car-park, which is usually under water!

Small price to pay, and a great day out!

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 02:35 »
I'm glad for you GG, and all of you that got the jab.

I'm registered here in Georgia, but that's it.  Unfortunately, our state is the worst in the USA in terms of actually administering vaccine! No clue when they will actually get around to my risk group. There is virtually no coordination going on between the state and local governments.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 54 queries.