Which coop?

• 1 Replies

Mulberry1990

• Experienced Member
Which coop?
« on: February 25, 2011, 09:44 »
We'll be getting our two week old chicks in a couple of weeks, and we have everything ready for them whilst they're babies, but when they get to 6-8 weeks, we don't have a separate coop and run for them to go in yet until they're big enough to play out with the big girls!

Is there any coops anyone would recommend for them?
There will be four of them and they'll be staying in the new coop and run until they're big enough to free-range with the other chickens and then move into the coop we already have, with my 3 current chickens.
It needs to be pretty cheap as they will only be living in it for a few weeks, then we'll just be storing it incase we need a hospital coop.
Thank you for any help you can give =D
x
4 Dogs: Stanley, Oscar, Borris and Scraps, 8 chickens: Prada, Mulberry, Alessi, Apple, Dior, Bobbi, Eve and Fendi, 2 Guinea Pigs: Rupert and Milo, 3 Rabbits: Louis, Daisy and Charlie 2 Fish: Sandy and Pebbles, 6 Quail

Vecten

• Experienced Member
Re: Which coop?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 10:42 »
What I did was buy a 3ft square mesh dog cage on ebay for £25, fit a couple of perches in it and kept it in the shed. During the day I gave them the run of the bottom of the garden, its useful for them to have sight of the other birds during the day. The cage is always useful later.

xx
new coop and run

Started by cheshirecat on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post December 21, 2009, 22:06
by cheshirecat
xx
Does anyone have this coop?

Started by Willow_Warren on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post October 27, 2012, 11:33
by Willow_Warren
xx
New Coop

Started by thechicken on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post July 31, 2012, 08:30
by Sassy
xx
Where to put a coop/run

Started by red on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post August 19, 2011, 12:25
by Lastcast

Page created in 0.283 seconds with 38 queries.