Scart cables

• 5 Replies

jezza

Scart cables
« on: September 21, 2020, 19:58 »
Hello  I've been given a newish television (October last year) my television has scart sockets for the video player  DVD player the new one has HDMI sockets does any one know where I can get scart to HDMI cables or any way to connect the telly to the video player and dvd player    jezza

wighty

Re: Scart cables
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 20:33 »
Probably look in the box in our back bedroom, we have five boxes of various leads that Paul insists 'might' be needed, but never are.  At least I don't have to go to  Maplins anymore while he wanders round.  It shut a couple of months ago.  When we go on holiday we h ave to go in DIY shops so he can compare them to ours!

Mr Dog

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 20:40 »
Hello  I've been given a newish television (October last year) my television has scart sockets for the video player  DVD player the new one has HDMI sockets does any one know where I can get scart to HDMI cables or any way to connect the telly to the video player and dvd player    jezza

You can get SCART to HDMI converters (web auction site and big online retailer being 2 places) but they're not that cheap for a decent one. Also worth looking at a new DVD player with HDMI out as they're not that much more than a good converter and you'll probably notice a marked difference in picture quality.

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 06:34 »
When this sort of thing happens, I usually pop into Currys, and peer at all the shelves!

After about ten minutes, a chap usually comes over and tells me what's needed...

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 08:17 »

You can get SCART to HDMI converters (web auction site and big online retailer being 2 places) but they're not that cheap for a decent one. Also worth looking at a new DVD player with HDMI out as they're not that much more than a good converter and you'll probably notice a marked difference in picture quality.
I recently had the same ‘problem’. I bought a scart to HDMI converter on line from John Lewis. It cost £14 and easy to use.

Mr Dog

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 14:38 »
I recently had the same ‘problem’. I bought a scart to HDMI converter on line from John Lewis. It cost £14 and easy to use.

For a comparison my MiL went down the new DVD route a couple of weeks ago - £24 from Argos

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 42 queries.