a mole has come calling

• 7 Replies

rowlandwells

a mole has come calling
« on: November 14, 2022, 17:56 »
 never before have we had a mole in our garden, but we got ne now and it's a real pain not only has it been putting heaps up in the garden so it decided to have a go in the poly tunnel and one of the greenhouses it must have come from the field near our house I couldn't believe it could burrow under the concrete foundations of the greenhouse there got to be 6 inches thick I'm just hoping it will decide to go back to the field asap  >:( 

Scottie

Re: a mole has come calling
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 22:38 »
It's Mole time, they like it wet, easy to tunnel. We get quite a few up here, or we did until I learnt how to deal with them.
Do a little but leave a lot.

jezza

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 12:33 »
Hello if you can get Sork it's a natural mole detergent and drive the little devil back to his own hunting ground then put a cordon solitaire round the rest of the field one every 8 yards,Sork is a little allium that stinks,I once crushed the leaves and sniffed it my eyes watered for half an hour,Sork had a very tiny flower and mowing the leaves off doesnt harm it   jezza

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2022, 16:33 »
thanks, Jezza for that info Il give it a go and I take your point Scottie hopefully I can send them back to field sooner the better

greenjay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 19:45 »
Hope he doesn't come back with friends.
Moles seem to come back in the same place.

jezza

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 20:33 »
A mole catcher once told me that if he caught an albino mole in a garden that garden never got another mole,he caught one in the garden I worked for we were mole free for a week then they  came and had a party,I think one had been on an SAS training course,the little beggar kept pushing stones into the mole traps and pushing  the Sork bulbs out   jezza

Scottie

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2022, 09:13 »
A mole catcher once told me that if he caught an albino mole in a garden that garden never got another mole,he caught one in the garden I worked for we were mole free for a week then they  came and had a party,I think one had been on an SAS training course,the little beggar kept pushing stones into the mole traps and pushing  the Sork bulbs out   jezza
When I was learning how to catch Moles I found there was lots of tales and myths, ignore all the chat and its surprisingly easy.

shropshiregreenfingers

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 16:34 »
I had a problem with moles not too long ago, apparently they really don't like strong smells so I tried putting some old stinky milk down the hole, worked a treat!

xx
Mole Hills

Started by MoreWhisky on General Gardening

8 Replies
Last post January 17, 2011, 06:12
by joyfull
xx
Calling all Nottingham allotmenteers

Started by chopperjalopper on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post May 29, 2008, 15:24
by chopperjalopper
xx
Calling all fresia experts.

Started by A Reyt Tayty on General Gardening

0 Replies
Last post June 25, 2013, 21:49
by A Reyt Tayty

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 46 queries.