Moving house.

• 1 Replies

Goosegirl

Moving house.
« on: September 04, 2019, 14:07 »
I'm getting things sorted for when we move house and boy, it doesn't half get you going! Not only is there a skip outside, I've been steadily going through every drawer and cupboard throwing out stuff we don't need or use. I've some boxes of stuff for St. John's hospice to pick up, and just been through my wardrobe which resulted in a big pile of clothes etc I'm going to take to my neighbour's daughter to give to a place in town that provides clothes for the homeless. Next there's going to be a big shredding session so I can get all my paperwork sorted out and up-to-date. I don't yet know when we'll be moving as someone is interested in our place as they have a house to sell, but at least I'll be ready for it when it happens.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

Re: Moving house.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 15:34 »
It certainly is quite a task.  I didn't know how much had built up, until a) Mum's had to be cleared and b) so did my loft.    I have done things very similar to yourself.   There are still some boxes in mum's garage which I have to go through, about 20 large ones  :ohmy:     It will be auction for some, hospice for others, tip for the rest.
I have heard today that everybody's enquiries have now been completed, draft contracts have been sent, so who knows another couple of weeks and maybe exchange.    That'll  make me sort the boxes.  The trouble is I don't want to do the job.  It is going to be full of memories, and dirt and old newspaper and probably the odd living thing !  It is very hard to get motivated to do some things alone.    Still, as they say, "Keep on Truckin'"     Mrs Bouquet

Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

xx
GG's moving house.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post June 13, 2019, 07:36
by GraciesGran
xx
Moving house used to be so easy.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post February 17, 2020, 14:14
by Goosegirl
xx
Moving to Sheffield!!

Started by Scribbler on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post October 02, 2018, 10:13
by Scribbler
xx
Moving photos

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post February 23, 2020, 14:13
by JayG

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 38 queries.