Pets Gallery

• 1711 Replies

Springlands

Re: Pets Gallery
« Reply #945 on: November 22, 2011, 19:17 »
You know those free seeds we give away with our books? Val has them in a box on her desk.. Amber decided it was the litter tray. So if anyone orders a book and the seeds smell....

Don't worry, we chucked the affected packets

:lol: :lol:

John - they are really beautiful cats - hope they all settle down soon.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #946 on: November 22, 2011, 19:19 »
You know those free seeds we give away with our books? Val has them in a box on her desk.. Amber decided it was the litter tray. So if anyone orders a book and the seeds smell....

Don't worry, we chucked the affected packets

:lol: :lol:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #947 on: November 22, 2011, 19:29 »
All the way there I kept telling Val we could only have one and that was that. She had to stop me bringing another one home as well. It's heartbreaking how many poor cats and dogs are being dumped. Honestly, trusting and wonderful pets just dumped because their feckless owners couldn't be bothered to have them spayed.

When I rang the lady said she was so happy we wanted to take one not dump another. I could see why when we got there.

I'm expecting an awkward few days as they become part of the pride but that's normal. Both off to the vets tomorrow for vaccinations and a check over followed by their ops when appropriate. Amber just ate 4 sachets of cat food - she's a bit out of condition and thin from her motherhood. We'll add a little SA50 vitamins to the food to help boost them as well.

If you are looking for a pet please consider rescue charities - kittens are lovely but older cats are grateful and less hard work (usually...)

Our thanks to Freshfields Animal Rescue
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Trillium

« Reply #948 on: November 22, 2011, 22:04 »
They're beauties, John. Better up your shares in the cat litter buisness  :D

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #949 on: November 24, 2011, 14:03 »
they are lovely cats - apparently black cats are far less likely to be adopted (superstitions and associated with witches etc) so well done on adopting one  :D
Staffies are softer than you think.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #950 on: November 24, 2011, 15:47 »
Well it's not going well - Luther, the black boy, has a bit of a cold. Hoping it's not flu. He's had an antibiotic jab from the vet.
Amber was checked over by the same vet and I asked him to check her eyes as her pupils are enlarged and not reactive. He said it was probably stress and her retina was fine. Well, got a second opinion today from another vet. She's a number of abnormalities with her retina and her sight is very limited.
We're taking her to see the vet in the practice who's an ophthalmologist tomorrow but it's a forlorn hope really. To be clear, she's not going back to the rescue - we adopted her and that is that. I know cats can live a happy life even blind.. well my head knows. I just feel so sorry for the lovely little thing.

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #951 on: November 24, 2011, 18:27 »
Awww sorry to hear of your cat problems John, what bad luck. As you say, they can manage without full sight but it's sad.

Hope the sniffles clear soon.

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #952 on: November 24, 2011, 19:58 »
Trying to keep in mind that cats don't think like we do. They've incredible hearing and a fantastic sense of smell so sight isn't the be all and end all. If there is nothing we can do, then we'll just give her a happy home. Luckily there's no nearby road to worry about. She's investigating the cat flap (which is locked) already.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #953 on: November 24, 2011, 22:33 »
When I picked up Arwen (and later Shia) from a local cat sanctuary there was a black boy who was totally blind. Not only was he able to be an outdoors cat (although he only came out when his owners did as he followed them everywhere!) he was also a great little hunter. I watched him bring down a butterfly while there and he had been know to get both mice and birds in the past too. Cats adapt amazingly so little Amber will do just fine, and be somewhat spoilt I suspect  ;)

I have also realised I forgot to add any photos of the new one here. No, of course I don't have 9 cats now.....  ;) ::) My little Ginger Ninja  :)
WP_000466.jpg

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #954 on: November 25, 2011, 06:19 »
That's a cool looking kitty. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #955 on: November 25, 2011, 22:13 »
Well done for saving these poor lil kitties, I have four cats rescued one way or another! My vet told me they put down healthy kittens and puppy's everyday as people are too irresponsible to spay and nuter their pets and rescue homes are soo full to bursting! When do people realise that every animal they breed takes the home and eventually the life of an animal in rescue shelters. I can understand the more responsible breeders that do it for particular attributes and insure homes for all animals before birth but he back yard "make a quick buck" breeders are the scum of the earth!

joyfull

« Reply #956 on: December 14, 2011, 22:16 »
hope this link works so you can see the latest member of our family:-

http://www.babbington-rescue.org.uk/eddie.ir?cName=dogs-a-block

we collected him this afternoon after taking Chas and Ollie to meet him, now just got to arrange his little operation  :D

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #957 on: December 14, 2011, 22:37 »
hope this link works so you can see the latest member of our family:-

http://www.babbington-rescue.org.uk/eddie.ir?cName=dogs-a-block

we collected him this afternoon after taking Chas and Ollie to meet him, now just got to arrange his little operation  :D

He looks lovely.  Are you keeping his name "Eddie" or will you rename him?  Hope he settles in his new home, I'm sure he will be spoilt rotten.
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

joyfull

« Reply #958 on: December 14, 2011, 22:42 »
we have decided to keep this name although he doesn't respond to it yet. He was a stray (although don't know why as he is under a year old and so well behaved) so his original name  isn't known and he has had this name for a couple of weeks so we don't want to confuse him any more  :)

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #959 on: December 14, 2011, 22:44 »
You could try calling out all the popular dog names to see if he responds to any.  You might be able to work out his original name that way.   :D

xx
Your Pets

Started by mrs bouquet on Pets without Feathers

1 Replies
Last post July 05, 2020, 14:16
by sunnywillow
xx
our pets

Started by yaxley on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post February 12, 2013, 12:59
by Agatha
xx
Pets with feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

51 Replies
Last post November 30, 2013, 10:33
by Paul Plots
xx
Pets with Feathers?

Started by Paul Plots on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post December 08, 2012, 21:42
by shoozie

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 52 queries.