Pink Brandywine - awkward beggars

• 1 Replies

Fat Hen

« on: July 09, 2007, 19:47 »
Over did it with planting toms & chillis this year, expected to give alot away so planted far too much for my small greenhouse, all planted late March.

So a lot of plants were kicked out to live under our south facing kitchen window sill, leaving only "special plants" in green house (still too many).

So cosseted in green house were my Black Russians & Pink Brandywines.

The Black Russians are doing ok, not fantastic but ok about 1/2 doz large toms/plant.

Both the Black R's and Pink B's have produced flowers prolifically but not may have set fruit and none on the Pink B's.  So a couple of weeks ago, about the start of Monsoon season here in Blackpool, I thought I'd kick them out of the greenhouse, being tough y see not wasting space with unproductive plants, but didn't like the idea of just despatching them to the compost heap, cleared a spot in the pocket handkerchief we call a garden and shoved them there to do as they liked.

B*gger me if they havn't gone and produced fruit - in some of the worst bl**dy June weather i've ever known.  

Seemingly they prefer summer gales & rain that would have had Noah in a state of shock to life in a nice cosy greenhouse.

starmoonlilly

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 21:38 »
Aint nature great :D !!

I tried to grow Delphiniums once from seed. I gave up and ignored them for another 2 weeks, no water no attention.....went to chuck 'em and guess what, yep 100% germination. Ended up supplying the neighbourhood!!  :roll:
Life is for living.....permaculture is for life.

question
Some advice on an awkward corner please

Started by mountainvicar on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post June 29, 2009, 23:11
by peapod
xx
frost again grrr thieving beggars :x

Started by kezlou on Grow Your Own

9 Replies
Last post May 24, 2008, 21:55
by kezlou
xx
Brandywine challenger.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post August 26, 2018, 10:25
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Brandywine so bland

Started by missmoneypenny on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post September 17, 2018, 18:44
by Growster...

Page created in 0.313 seconds with 35 queries.